MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn them chips are flyin!

what is the percentage gained with jons chain?

It gain a little over 18% with this chain after port work.

What really blows my mind is total gains. From the time we started with the round ground chain and the saw bone stock, to this last video, the cut times are around 60% faster.

Sawtroll has forgotten more about saws than many of us will ever know about them in the first place, his only flaw is blind brand loyalty...I'm pretty sure if he was bleeding to death and found out that the needle to stitch him up was made by Stihl, he would refuse treatment. Perhaps a bad example seeing Husky is in the sewing business.
I for one enjoy his posts and agree with him 67.54 percent of the time.

I am not brand loyal at all really - I judge the saws by how they are (and are not), and not by which brand they are.

What you see in my posts is just a result of that! :msp_smile:

Last edited:
I am not brand loyal at all really - I judge the saws by how they are (and are not), and not by which brand they are.

What you see in my posts is just a result of that! :msp_smile:

LOL; you judge saw's by the picture you see on the internet :cool2:

here is a question from a newbie, and sorry if it is a stupid one,

When you make this saw run like that does it speed up the rpms significantly? It sounds as though it does.

What does this do to the oiler? If it is ran from the same shaft as the chain does it not increase the oil flow as well. I imagine you would need quite a bit of oil on a chain cutting that fast but just an iquisitive thought I had.

here is a question from a newbie, and sorry if it is a stupid one,

When you make this saw run like that does it speed up the rpms significantly? It sounds as though it does.

What does this do to the oiler? If it is ran from the same shaft as the chain does it not increase the oil flow as well. I imagine you would need quite a bit of oil on a chain cutting that fast but just an iquisitive thought I had.

The unloaded RPM really isn't any faster than when the saw was stock, it just holds a higher RPM while cutting.

I don't need to do that to determine that it doesn't handle as a 50cc saw should.

The 5100 doesn't handle real well in the tops either.

Nice work Randy!!!:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

How many tanks of gas have you put thru one?
I respect most of your opinions but sometimes you just need to get past the paper cuts of the reading material about a product and start getting callous on your hands from using it before you render a verdict.

I don't need to do that to determine that it doesn't handle as a 50cc saw should. This has nothing to do with "paper specs".;)

Anyway, my intension wasn't to derail the thread, so I will not comment further on this matter here. :D

Might not reverse but constantly derails the train..... :biggrin:

ST in your quote above you forgot about looking at pictures on the internet of chain saws in your quote :msp_ohmy:

It's a thread about a Stihl chain saw; ST is about to derail it like normal :msp_ohmy:

[SUB][/SUB]
How many tanks of gas have you put thru one?
I respect most of your opinions but sometimes you just need to get past the paper cuts of the reading material about a product and start getting callous on your hands from using it before you render a verdict.

I don't need to do that to determine that it doesn't handle as a 50cc saw should. This has nothing to do with "paper specs".;)

Anyway, my intension wasn't to derail the thread, so I will not comment further on this matter here. :D

Might not reverse but constantly derails the train..... :biggrin:

ST in your quote above you forgot about looking at pictures on the internet of chain saws :msp_ohmy:

It's a thread about a Stihl chain saw; ST is about to derail it like normal :msp_ohmy:

ST in your quote above you forgot about looking at pictures on the internet of chain saws in your quote :msp_ohmy:

[SUB][/SUB]

ST in your quote above you forgot about looking at pictures on the internet of chain saws :msp_ohmy:

If you don't mind please delete these posts. This thread ain't about SawTroll.

For 2 saws it would be hard to beat a 550 for limbing and the old school 372 ported. I just want an old school (non x torque) 372 auto tune saw and I would not change my mind so much about saws.:D

This is exactly what I am running right now, and it works perfect. Today was the first real cutting I have done with the 550(recently done by Mastermind). Saw is a dream for limbing and blocking up stuff to the 10" or so range(hardwood). It is a real ripper, fast as lightning and will cut bigger but not at the speed I am used to. After that the 372xp came out and did the rest, was a perfect combo for the wood I was cutting. Now just need a ported 390xp for the BIG stuff:rock:.

Now back on topic that 261 is bad @ss. If a guy was looking for one saw to do everything with that is it in spades. Mastermind does some impressive work.

Randy the saw is looking good. I may finally break down and buy the best 50cc saw out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back