MS290 vac/pressure specs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half_full

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi All, I sold one of my 372's the other day. Unfortunately I offered to look over an MS290 that runs but has no power.

So, it will not hold vac or pressure. I pump up to 5 psi and in 5 seconds it's gone. Same with vac. What should the specs be for this saw once I resolve this issue?

Compression is at 132. It needs an AV mount, spur sprocket and the air leak resolved.

The saw had a new cylinder put on it due to stripped spark plug hole. The cylinder looks great. The piston has very minor scoring as do the rings. I'm guessing from running with an air leak?

The owner wants to get rid of the saw. It looks decent and my labor would cost him a truck load of firewood (his sons cut and sell). Is it worth fixing or should I suggest selling as a parts saw?

Anyhow, it's very unfortunate the search shows great threads on how to disassemble the 290. BUT, THE PICS ARE GONE

Could ask in the manuals thread for a MS290 workshop manual. That would have your information and make it easier to disassemble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the service manual it says 7.25 psi for 20 seconds, this applies to both pressure and vacuum tests. If you haven't found the service manual yet pm me and I'll send it to you.

290.JPG

Latest posts

Back