MS310 took one for the team, HELP with aftermath....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some jb and a new bar and you could have been back in business.

i am afraid that by the time you get the bill from your dealer and the cost of your parts, you will be getting close to 75% of what a new saw would cost. then you could have ebayed the parts and come out ahead.

Sometimes it's difficult to predict where the mass of the tree up top is going to take it. You may wish to consider moving to another felling technique, like a bore and wedge, more regularly. They take a bit more time but can work to eliminate things like this, or at least make them more rare.

Good luck with the saw. I say take it as an excuse to get a new one.

Just a note, metal cases are probably a bit more father in law proof.

Ok, just found out the bar/chain the guy quoted me on is wrong. I was running a 3/8's chain, not a .325, so I'm hoping he has the other in stock.

Here are the pics:
ms310-wrecked1.jpg

ms310-wrecked2.jpg

ms310-wrecked3.jpg

-Will

OUCH!!!!!!:jawdrop:

Where in NW Ohio are you? I'm close. Bring the 032 and 310 by and we'll see what we can do on getting them going.

About 30-35 miles east of Toledo. I might take you up on that. Let me know, and maybe we can work something out.

I've got all kinds of PMs coming in with offers on parts, and help. I'm blown away by this, you guys are truly awesome.

I'm thinking now that I'm going to fix this on my own (maybe with some help of course from you fine folks). I just got a PM from another Arboristsite member that can get me all the factory new parts I need for less than $125 shipped to my door (case/tank, side cover, 20" car, 20" chain). I'm one of those anal, picky types who likes my stuff to be as nice as possible. So, this might be the best bet on the 310.

So, I think I'm going to go that route, then sell off the 032 (which runs, and is in great shape for it's age, just needs tuned I think).

Sometimes it's difficult to predict where the mass of the tree up top is going to take it. You may wish to consider moving to another felling technique, like a bore and wedge, more regularly. They take a bit more time but can work to eliminate things like this, or at least make them more rare.

Good luck with the saw. I say take it as an excuse to get a new one.

Just a note, metal cases are probably a bit more father in law proof.

LOL at the FIL note.

I want a new saw, trust me. I was drooling over the MS311 with the compression release, as well as some hoped up 200 series (not sure, but he said it was a "fast" saw made for cutting while up ina bucket). Not sure what model it was, but he said it was hotter than the the MS311.

I have a 310 that the customer took out the cyl and piston. PM me your address and what parts you need and I will send them to you.
Jim

Are you serious?? PM inbound my friend!

Let us know how this turns out it would be a very sad day if that happened to my saw.

good to see there are still some decent people left it the world!

Amen my friend!

Let us know how this turns out it would be a very sad day if that happened to my saw.

Will do. Threw this thread, I've been able to communicate with some awesome people. I think AS has just become my new favorite forum!

-Will

Latest posts

Back