MS310 took one for the team, HELP with aftermath....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to the op where in nw ohio are you at. I dont have any parts for you but am getting ready to move due to a divorce and downsizing things. If you need a saw to get you by I got a poulan pro or or a mcculloch 610 Id probably give away.

GEEZUZ
Mate your getting a gutz kickin with the devorse and your fizin to hep a olmate out buy givin him a saw
\My bloody oath cock youd be orlright yeah
good on ya olson

Thanks, but i'd like to get this one going or get the same/similar saw. I've been doing this for several years and never had any problems like this.

However, I will say I wish someone would have taught me what to do in these situations, I should have unbolted the bar and grabbed the saw away. I never thought of that until the dealer mentioned it.

Yep! I was wondering why you didn't. Inboard clutches rule for that very reason, so simple to drop the power head. My 310 has had the head off it twice in the last two years for the same reason.

Harry K

I have a 310 that the customer took out the cyl and piston. PM me your address and what parts you need and I will send them to you.
Jim

check this out
yet another bloody ripper olmate
good ta see ueah
folks say thered be a lotta bad in the world
but its bloke like these that restore ones faith yeah good O

Gday Fellers
I was just wondering if the muffler in photo is for the 310 and if so can some one give me more detailed how to info and photos of how to mod mine
I like the saw and would like to wake it up a bit yeah
I cut a lot of bigish aussie hard wood near all of it dead n dry and arrrd az nails
I run a 20" bar and stihl 3/8th chain
I 200 mil of stihl oil in 5 liters of standard unleaded fuel 25 to 1
Oh and btw
for all the hep you blokes gave olmate with his 310
A BIG YOU SUCK
good onyuz yeah
thankyou
The Red Fella

...I wish someone would have taught me what to do in these situations, I should have unbolted the bar and grabbed the saw away...

The repaired 310 looks great. Arboristsite at its best.

As far as knowing what do do, I found good instruction locally to be scarce other than my repair tech. Often, there are good threads on AS about felling technique, wedging, leaners, barber chairs, widow makers, and generally staying safe. YouTube is a good source, but you'll see the good, the bad, and the ugly and have to be choosy. Google chainsaw/felling technique as well. Two books of note: Professional Timber Falling by Douglas Dent, and The Fundamentals of General Tree Work by Jerry (G.F.) Beranek.

Safety first.

Back