Ms361 anti vibe help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmycrackcorn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm trying to replace the AV Springs & "Annular mounts" on my 361. I've read on here that you can get soft or hard mounts but I'm not sure if the springs come like that too or if its just the rubber annular's.

I just ordered & waited what seemed like 2weeks for a single annular mount from the dealer. I threw it in & the is no difference at all. Dealer suggested doing one at a time but at this rate I'll be into the new year & these AV's are clapped out to the point of screwing with my cuts.

What I'm wondering is, if buying this type of product through aftermarket are they going to be as stiff?

Will there still be hard/soft selections in aftermarket if that option even exists to begin with for springs?

Attached is the IPL, you will see item #3 & item #4. #4 has an asterisk before it & goes on to list #'s 1-11 In parentheses. Is #4 a complete AV parts kit or is it the other annual buffer that could be hard or soft??

yte3anuj.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Do you know if there is hard vs soft spring mounts? This saw is in decent shape but is soooo damn sloppy.. I mean I can bottom out the springs just by barley wiggling the bar while I hold the handle. Only a 20" too...

I'll look into that blue black Mount but I think I may need more, the brand new one I just put in didn't make damn difference. I do have a 440, I'll see if I happen to have the blue/black & I'll swap it out for a minute.

Yeah.. That annular AV I just took off my 440 does not bolt up with my 361. Maybe your black/blue ones are different. This one needs to be offset.

The mounts that I have used over the years are stiffer than hell and do not soften up. Left one from you picture, but mostly blue. Off set? I have never had a problem getting the mount to bolt on. Sure you have to jimmy the gas tank/crankcase around to get the bolt holes to line up. Of all the 361's I worked on I've never seen a single off set mount.

When I first bought my 361 (the year they came out?) after first day of use I took saw to dealer and complained of low oil flow and loose mounts. When I got saw back it was great, he told me he had installed 460 parts in it and every thing was right and still his to this day. I'm sure he knew his stuff, cause around here he was known as "The Wizard". He didn't go home at night until all the pro saws where done and sawyers could pick up their saws from a special lock box on their way to work.

Yeah the 361 Mount is offset. The one on the right. See how the center hole isn't directly in the middle, its favored towards the right screw hole... Putting the 440's Mount in there I had to really wrench the tank/handle to get it in. To the point where the tank/handle would be bent all the way to one side. When it's like that the saw doesn't sit right, it wobbles like a beat up husky. Just don't seem right..Ya know?

I gotta look into these blue ones you speak of. I've never head about them. Is the actual rubber mount blue, so blue I could tell which one it is in a catalog?

When I first bought my 361 (the year they came out?) after first day of use I took saw to dealer and complained of low oil flow and loose mounts. When I got saw back it was great, he told me he had installed 460 parts in it and every thing was right and still his to this day. I'm sure he knew his stuff, cause around here he was known as "The Wizard". He didn't go home at night until all the pro saws where done and sawyers could pick up their saws from a special lock box on their way to work.

Now that is good service! Yeah I get service with a smile & a few ball busting jokes but once it's 5 it's 5 & parts seem to come via horse n' wagon. Nothing ever seems to be in stock for my dinosaurs either.

Latest posts

Back