MS460...Any changes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberhauler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought a new 460 about two weeks ago.Since I can no longer get 440's the 460 is my second choice...For all you Stihl guru's.My new 460 cuts much faster and is much smoother to run than the 460 I acquired last year.It almost feels like a saw from a higher cc class compared to my other one.The one I got last year hasn't been run much,barely broken in.The new one slaughters it,in fact it holds it's own with a 660.I was just wondering if there were any changes in the last year.

My 460 when it was stock always got it's a$$ whooped by a stock 660. If it's smoother maybe you got one with soft rubber mounts. I don't see a 460 holding it's own with a 660 stock to stock.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

My 460 when it was stock always got it's a$$ whooped by a stock 660. If it's smoother maybe you got one with soft rubber mounts. I don't see a 460 holding it's own with a 660 stock to stock.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

With a 20" bar, there is not much difference. Then again neither of mine wear a 20" bar.........

I bought a new 460 about two weeks ago.Since I can no longer get 440's the 460 is my second choice...For all you Stihl guru's.My new 460 cuts much faster and is much smoother to run than the 460 I acquired last year.It almost feels like a saw from a higher cc class compared to my other one.The one I got last year hasn't been run much,barely broken in.The new one slaughters it,in fact it holds it's own with a 660.I was just wondering if there were any changes in the last year.

TH,

I know where there's a new 440 sitting on the shelf. Interested?

joat

TH i know where you are coming from i have had quite a few 460's and some times you just get the odd one that just rips and some just suck.I bought one a few years ago it ran like a diesel.

TH,

I know where there's a new 440 sitting on the shelf. Interested?

joat

I'm done buying 440's.I've got three that are being used everyday and four that have not been started yet.The budget is a little slim this year,and the 440's I have should last me a while

we just got a 460 mag here. i really like that saw. put maybe 8 tanks through it so far.

of course the wood up here is real soft but this saw is a player.

makes me think of getting one for my own personal use and sending it out for some work.

Latest posts

Back