Ms460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uruture7.jpg

ha4ajage.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8-pin on the way...now to find a full wrap.

Also I might have a lead on an MS660. I only want one because I have a 460 and an 088 and the 660 would fit nicely in between. But I'm afraid I wouldn't use it.

8-pin on the way...now to find a full wrap.

Also I might have a lead on an MS660. I only want one because I have a 460 and an 088 and the 660 would fit nicely in between. But I'm afraid I wouldn't use it.

I've got a 66 and looking for an 088. ;)

Can't say my 046 is wanting for power running a 32" bar with 7pin or 20~25" bar with 8pin but then I keep my cutters razor sharp. There's mostly doug fir and pine around here.

Get well soon poor yard cart...
That was a nice tree... Wish I had nice trees like that around here...
:(

Oh, and you may want to clean up the H setting just a tick...
Nuthin' wrong with runnin' a saw fat, but it sounded just a little "too" fat...

That cart seen it's last haul a year ago and is awaiting its ride with rest of my scrap to the scrap yard. It was a nice tree but was to close to the other one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always found sharp chains are key. I cut most things with an 025 but use the 044 with 25" bar on bigger stuff and it pulls right through with little stopping it. Of course I'm of the mentality of let the tools do the work so I don't help it along very much. The sharp Stihl RSC chain usually bites itself right through with ease and the chips look like a pile of spaghetti.

Latest posts

Back