MS461 now available in Ontario

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm personally quite disappointed. . . . You would think it would have spring AV and M-Tronic as well.

C'mon Brad - it does have a line on the flippy cap to help you get it in place!

More detail for those who took German in high school. Click on the Technische Daten tab for more info.

MS 461 - Kraftvolle, moderne 4,4kW-Hochleistungssäge

Thanks ks46028 for posting the photos - rep sent.

Philbert

Looking at the specs on the german site it has spring antivibe. Now all it needs is mtronic and some before and after vids of a port job and I might get one myself. That is saying a lot cause I have ran every thing from an ms250 to an 090 and the most impressed I have been was with a ported 460 and Brads 084, but they are just not as smooth as my 371xp. So if the 461 is smooth with that good 460 grunt then I will have consider one.............. with a 32" light bar. :msp_smile:

Ported of course.:chainsaw:
Edit: the picture actually shows a 441c :confused:

M-MS441_DAEMPFUNG-T001_g.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the specs on the german site it has spring antivibe. Now all it needs is mtronic and some before and after vids of a port job and I might get one myself. That is saying a lot cause I have ran every thing from an ms250 to an 090 and the most impressed I have been was with a ported 460 and Brads 084, but they are just not as smooth as my 371xp. So if the 461 is smooth with that good 460 grunt then I will have consider one.............. with a 32" light bar. :msp_smile:

Ported of course.:chainsaw:
Edit the picture actually shows a 441c :confused:

M-MS441_DAEMPFUNG-T001_g.jpg

stihl just got generic pics of the "features". super lame. still getting one.:wink2:

Some info says rubber mounts others say springs. Can someone with access to the IPL confirm what AV system it has please. :cheers:

If I'm not mistaken this looks very much like a rubber mount.

attachment.php

Here is a 460 for comparison

attachment.php

Well look at the bright side... Saws will keep getting better in the future. I think they're doing this on purpose, so they can come out with mtronic in 2 years, and then make better antivibe in another 2. Then they'll add half a pound with the antivibe and take it away in 6 years with the 463... :dizzy:

Guys in R&D need to have an excuse to go to work every day, and the marketing department needs new versions to put out too. :D

Asked the guys at the STIHL booth at the State Fair this week if it was available in Canada, when we might get it. Got some non-committal answers, some shrugs, a 'maybe a few months?' type of replies. Got the feeling that they had been 'coached' to not release any details or specifics.

Philbert

That is really disappointing. Unless that strato engine has more power than the 460, I'm out. I could care less about fuel consumption or vibration for that matter. At my age, I prefer my saw to run out of gas quickly, so I can take a break and have another beer.........

Tony

Last edited:
That is really disappointing. Unless that strato engine has more power than the 460, I'm out. I could care less about fuel consumption or vibration for that matter. At my age, I prefer my saw to run out of gas quickly, so I can take a break and have another beer.........

Tony

+1 on that

Rubber mount AV is a deal breaker to some-like me.I had no issues with it for years but eventually,my stihls would put my hands to sleep in half a tank(poor circ in my hands and all that)I can use my springy Jred all day.Since I converted,I haven't looked back I still feel that rubber mounts are outdated,antiquated technology.The only gain I can see is economic.

I am stickin with my 460 for now..
Solid Saw..
Go with what I know..

Back