Ms461....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm a bit slow but is that a wire and ifso whats it for

attachment.php

?????

Most likely heated handles

Hang on less kws and heavyer than the old 460 what a joke.:(

Ok lets just move on and hope the 661 is bettera.:confused:

If they carry on like this the 661 will be one heavy a$$ underpowered son of a...

I hope they can turn things around before modern saws have the same power to weight ratio they had 50 years ago.

Flippy cap felling lines to accommodate my lazy eye and my crazy eye at the same time! Thank you sweet Uncle Fatherland, Von diesem Tag vorwärts, ich will süße Liebe in euch zur Ehre!

IMGP7033.JPG

Last edited:
Don't know of u noticed, but that's a heated handle saw...

Yeah, I had a look on the German Stihl site and the regular 461 also weighs 6.7kg. Interestingly enough the 460 is also listed as 4.4kw on the same sight, but it used to be listed as 4.5kw AFAIK.

That's an "Arctic" model with heated handles, that's what the "WV" means on the hang
tag in the one photo. That's the reason for the less hp and more weight than the 460,
the heating parts suck some power and add some weight.

yes wigg's but that don't account for less power but hey that means it will probably respond well to mods
less power = more chocked up EPA

If they truly did go with a quad port transfer, I'm pretty sure it will respond well to some tickling. :)

It'll be really cool if that top end fits the old model!

Time will tell though....

same old crapy clutch cover looks like a street walker with a skirt thats too high (if thats possible)

attachment.php

same old crapy clutch cover looks like a street walker with a skirt thats too high (if thats possible)

I like the raised clutch cover. I would like it to be raised even a little more. It is nice when bucking and getting down the ground, still gives room for chips to clear out. Cosmetically, guess I would agree; but I'll take functionality first.

I like the raised clutch cover. I would like it to be raised even a little more. It is nice when bucking and getting down the ground, still gives room for chips to clear out. Cosmetically, guess I would agree; but I'll take functionality first.

bucking out here 460 is only just enough thats what a 660 or a 390XP is for plus i don't make it a habit
to bend over that far

and an E bar on a pro saw that should have an ES bar :bad_smelly:

E or ES has nothing to do with Pro or not, really. It's more a question of weight vs. ruggedness.

Yeah, I had a look on the German Stihl site and the regular 461 also weighs 6.7kg. Interestingly enough the 460 is also listed as 4.4kw on the same sight, but it used to be listed as 4.5kw AFAIK.

If the 460 ever was rated at 4.5 in some Stihl document, it has been a misprint (it happens).

6.7 kg is not the weight spec. of the Arctic/VW, so it is up .1 kg from the 460.

Anyway, the 461 has a higher power rating than the 7910, and it looks like the 7910 also has lost the weight advantage the 7900 had over the 460. :msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back