Ms462 stop sale.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppumpcummins

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So my 462cmr has been phenomenal. I wanted to buy a new full wrap handle when i busted mine. To find out stihl isnt selling the handle so i said ok fine it’s time to buy a new saw. Apparently you can’t even buy a new 462 because stihl has a stop sale on them. Apparently they are cracking bar mounts and they are trying to figure out the issue. Anyone know when this will be figured out or should i just buy a 461.

So my 462cmr has been phenomenal. I wanted to buy a new full wrap handle when i busted mine. To find out stihl isnt selling the handle so i said ok fine it’s time to buy a new saw. Apparently you can’t even buy a new 462 because stihl has a stop sale on them. Apparently they are cracking bar mounts and they are trying to figure out the issue. Anyone know when this will be figured out or should i just buy a 461.
You should buy a 572xp

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I just run 461Rs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You should buy a 572xp

Thanks but ill pass. My last new 562 and 372 turned me completely off Husky. Especially when new out of the box they ran like junk and the dealership finally said dont come back when they couldn’t make them run right.

Thanks but ill pass. My last new 562 and 372 turned me completely off Husky. Especially when new out of the box they ran like junk and the dealership finally said dont come back when they couldn’t make them run right.
. . . ya, that's a pretty miserable dealer right there.

Sorry to hear that. Those are both great saws.

The guy bashes Huskies and makes claims that are not backed up. I am calling BS and moving on.
Ive owned over 30 huskies my 562 had the hot start issue that they couldn’t figure out after throwing a new carb new lines, uh they put heat tape on both sides of the wall between the air box and the cylinder and nothing worked. Husky finally gave the approval to buy it back so they did. Then i got a 372. It was doggish and couldn’t hold a consistent idle they admitted it had an issue but couldn’t figure it out.

ive had lots of great huskies but my stihls have ran great without ever going back to the shop for warranty work and the dealership has been great to deal with. More or less its which dealership i want to choose in town.

Sorry to hear that. Those are both great saws.

They are and ive had multiple of both those models That were phenomenal and ive had almost every 60+cc husky has made since the 80’s. But the last two were problematic it happems but the dealership ruined my interest in buying a husky again mainly because of the dealership

Surprised with how much time I spend on chainsaw related forums that I haven't heard of a single 462 breaking bar mounts and yet they've had enough to stop sales? Crazy.

Well, 461 would be fine, IMO.
I havnt heard a thing of it either except from stihl and a few dealerships in the area.

Latest posts

Back