MS660 and decomp valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkebxjunke

*Politically Incorrect*
Reaction score
I bought a MS660 off ebay... and I finally got around to working on it... and low and behold it doenst have a decompression valve... just a rubber plug where it should be. Now as I look at the parts manual for this it shows a decomp valve and a plug as an option.
Did some 660's come without a decomp valve? I haven't removed the plastic shroud yet to see if there is a plug under there.
or did I get a re badged 060? and did they come with decomp valves?.
From the parts list it looks like I can put a decomp valve in there if I want to.
Is there any advantages/disadvantages to the decomp valve.. besides the obvious easier starting.
As I get older I hate to work harder than I have to. and my kids are not old enough to be any help yet... LOL

MS660's have decomp.....later 066's have decomp.......Some of the Aftermarket cylinders dont and people just plug the hole.....

Is it a Mahle cylinder??? does it have poly flywheel????

Post picytures of the saw....

Ill see what I can do... I need to find my camera first... I think my 2 year old got a hold of it... it might be easier to go get a new one... ( my old one is a 2mp) I just heard a neighbor bought a 8mp for about $75.. make ya think

Latest posts

Back