MSG Mini Sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats a nice mill. I am suprised they dont make double cut bands like they do for big sawmills. sure would make things faster.

thats a nice mill. I am suprised they dont make double cut bands like they do for big sawmills. sure would make things faster.
They do, but as the log is moved past the saw rather than the other way different a larger more complex lumber handling systems is needed ?

I wonder how the blade guides work?
The same as a regular BS - they spin the whole head around at the end of each run.

I seem like it might be more productive if its built good enough to make that turn and still be parallel. I guess if it wasn't you could still make siding.:biggrinbounce2:

Yes, lumbers all from mill. I have also built a barn and a house that I am doing finish work on now. If you have a big log and cut back and forth it is a time saver, you let everhtying sit until cant is all boards then carry them off to be stickered.Saves alot of moves. The bevel siding thing works good too, You need to be able to go back and forth to do this. I have it on gable ends of my house. I will try and post a pic later.

Looks and sounds nice. Didn't see any price tags on the sight. Guess its scary enough you have to e-mail them to find out. Would like to see some firsthand experiences too.

I'd love to see pictures. I guess it would be hard for anyone to keep up with you while your milling. You'd probably need two helpers to clear the lumber. One on each end of the mill.

Cowboyvet:

The magazine I have has the base price at 9,500 with the 18 hp.

Latest posts

Back