mulching/cutter head?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about the " Bronto " heads ? If you are I can say without a doubt , if I needed a head for brush clearing I would definetly lean towards them . I live about 20 miles from there base in Weare NH and when I ran my logging operation , I would have them come and mow all the slash left behind , made the select cuts look gorgeous that I was doing .

They have no problem mowing a 15" diameter tree in a heart beat , along with mowing smaller underbrush , they do all the right of way mowing here in NH for the main powerlines , they're built strong , very durable and from all the ones I have seen one my jobs and elsewhere have very minimal breakdowns . The new Evo they have looks like a sweet little head to have but never seen one in action , only the older model flail type .

But if you in the market give Carter a call over there , he's the man you want to talk with . Good luck

Later Rob

We have two excavators with mower heads. We tried Brown heads and our Fecon will blow them away any day. We have tried them all FAE Loftness;Seppi,and a few others. We found Fecon to be the best and eaisest to work on and maintain.

It is the Bronto I am talking about. We have a Kuboto KX161-3 11K and a JCB 8080 19K Excavator. We run RockHound Flail type now. I am looking at the small one for the 8080. I don't believe that there are any others out there. I would love to be proven wrong. I have spent plenty of money to find out that I need to be able to cut heavier material without changing the size of excavator. Am I missing a brand that will run on that 8080?

Phil

I'm not sure if that machine is big enough to run a Fecon head. How much HP and hydo flow does it put out.

It has 58 hp and 21 continuous flow. I am not seeing any thing from Fecon either. If you know something I don't know (which is highly possible) I am all ears. I am desperate to fine a heavier duty head.

I think its going to be tough to find a mower head to grind bigger material. Check into the Bronto it may be the way to go.

I have a used one here for sale - I am switching to the FECON Head Myself . We just picked up two of them for our Hydro Axes as well .

First $ 25,000 gets this one . -- 28 hours on it .

Latest posts

Back