mule hauling wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats so cool man, I wish I had one. There is a older man down the street who has one on mattracks, Its way to tall. I talk to him all the time, Always try and talk him outta it. Never any luck, Cool toy. What kinda load can you pull with that?

They claim it can pull a Chinook Helicopter up the ramp of a cargo plane for transporting it to distant locations. Also run on the flat at up to 50 MPH.

There are six hydraulic motors driving six wheels in Parallel for high torque low speed and the circuit changes some motors to Series to obtain the faster travel speeds until all are in series for the highest speed lowest torque.

Take a look at the newest Military All Wheel Hydraulic Drive HUMVEE.

http://www.hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/Issue/Article/False/83400/Issue

That's a Hyvee, not a Humvee. The Humvee is a combat vehicle and was designed to tow very little. The Humvee will be retired in a few years and replaced by the JLTV, which will use a medium duty truck chassis. The Humvee is performing a task it was never designed for. BAE, Lockeed and GD all have entrants in the JLTV competition. Unlike the Humvee, the JLTV will be designed from the beginning with armor versus the armor kits the Humvee has used.

Sorry about the wrong name chowdozer, always seem to call the HYVEE a HUMVEE by mistake.

Other than that, what about the unique little piece of equipment?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back