Mustang MTL25

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MassEntllc

Reaction score
Hi all, anybody out there have good information on Mustang track loaders(parts), I really need a high debries radiator, I am using a fecon mulching head on the Mustang and believe me, if I knew in 2005 what I know now about the Mustang I would never have purchased the dog gone thing. Its not built for work in the woods. I have always had cooling problems running the fecon head, now the fins on the stock radiator are folding over due to the amount of dirt and other items that get blown thru the radiator. Not much luck searching the web for others that are having same problems.

Hi all, anybody out there have good information on Mustang track loaders(parts), I really need a high debries radiator, I am using a fecon mulching head on the Mustang and believe me, if I knew in 2005 what I know now about the Mustang I would never have purchased the dog gone thing. Its not built for work in the woods. I have always had cooling problems running the fecon head, now the fins on the stock radiator are folding over due to the amount of dirt and other items that get blown thru the radiator. Not much luck searching the web for others that are having same problems.

Every one who runs a masticator on one suffers these problems. It is much worse in the dry dusty conditions.
Take your radiator to an industrial radiator shop and have them repair it. It is a surprisingly affordable.
Unless you are willing to spend substantial money upgrading the cooling system you are stuck mulching for a while and cooling for a while.
Keep your radiator clean. Use air to blow it out often. A high volume leaf blower works well.
When you use water make sure you wash it very thoroughly as it makes mud of the fine dust and loads up the radiator just out of site.

Latest posts

Back