Mutant Alien Lobster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blis - you have got to be a pretty tough cat, Brother...cutting when it's -15c outside. :yourock:
As for me, when it gets below -15c I can be found curled up next to Mrs. Bounty Hunter next to our wood stove...merrily burning the wood we cut last year. :rock:

Hey BuddhaKat...Nice call...That looks like the cat's meow of chainsaw gloves (sorry for the lame pun, but this info is just what I was hoping for:cheers::clap::clap:
And check it out...Ther'e on sale today! (Supposedly you save $9 bucks)
And now they are the same price as the Stihl Lobsters...

Thanks for the post Brother
Bounty Hunter

Hey BuddhaKat...Nice call...That looks like the cat's meow of chainsaw gloves (sorry for the lame pun, but this info is just what I was hoping for:cheers::clap::clap:
And check it out...Ther'e on sale today! (Supposedly you save $9 bucks)
And now they are the same price as the Stihl Lobsters...

Thanks for the post Brother
Bounty Hunter
Glad to help. Just remember me when you're able to start giving out Rep. ;)

Blis - you have got to be a pretty tough cat, Brother...cutting when it's -15c outside. :yourock:
As for me, when it gets below -15c I can be found curled up next to Mrs. Bounty Hunter next to our wood stove...merrily burning the wood we cut last year. :rock:

Well, its not my favorite past time cutting in that cold weather, but after 15-20 mins of sawing in knee-deep snow the temp is just fine :greenchainsaw:

But on other hand... i used to ride bicycle to school at -30c in the winter... :monkey:

I find I don't have the strength in my grip as I did in my younger days.A friend gave me a pair of those rubber coated gardening gloves and I got say they are great for woodworking;handling mdf or plywood panels.
Well I started using them when bucking firewood and really like them.They sure as heck aren't going to stop a chain but do give you a positive grip.
Probably sweat you a little when it's hot out and not much good against the cold but great for snatching logs up off the ground.$1.95 at Baileys.Ron

I hate wearing gloves when using a saw,I just don,t feel the bond between me and the saw with them on.I don't feel the total controll I feel with out them.In the winter when I cut I wear them alittle in the morning till I get the blood flowing(when it's below freezing) then off they go.

Back