My 359 is home

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Farmerbuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My saw is back home from being fourpawserized. Sounds great. Have only got to make three cuts, got interrupted. Felt really strong. Its set to about 14,800 rpm for now. Will do some adjusting hopefully tomorrow. I think Josh did a superb job on it. I didnt make any times cuts with it before sending it away but i'll notice the improvement i'm sure. Josh timed it and it was about 5 seconds quicker on the same log after he finished it. I know i'll be happy with it. Now where can i get a 372 to send him? lol

I have been so impressed with my modded 2159 that I bought a 80cc saw instead of going with a stock 70cc saw. They really come alive when ported.

I was happy when I modded the muffler but ecstatic after it was ported!I don't pull a big bar or cut hardwood, but can almost fill my truck with one tank full of fuel they just sip the fuel.

I always thought the 359 got pretty good 'fuel milage'. Seems to run forever on a tank full. Cant wait to use it now,just need colder weather to keep the ground frozen .

What all was done to the saw????? muffler mod, porting?
I had already put dual pipes on it. I'm hoping Josh will jump in. He can tell what he did as far as the porting goes. Dont know anything about porting myself but after running it today i'm convinced he does. Its about 1,600 rpm faster now and will go more pretty easy. Sounds good,runs good,I'm happy with it,what more can i ask for? Thanks Josh
P8020226.jpg

What all was done to the saw????? muffler mod, porting?

Adjusted the port timing, increased compression and lightened the piston.

As Van said, the muffler was done when he sent it to me.

As far as performance gain, 23.5% from the port work - I didn't change anything with the muffler.

As far as performance gain, 23.5% from the port work - I didn't change anything with the muffler.
Yea....what he said!

What was done to the exhaust port??

Latest posts

Back