My brother is getting prime dollar in Louisville

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatliffLogging

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
He was getting $325 a cord delivered and $125 a rick plus he was running half ricks for $75 and 1/4 ricks for $45 and he is runnign strong right now.....

KR

Already is if you have to buy your wood.

true, but that's changing. i've heard complaints from a few guys that so many others are cutting down trees for free (just to get the wood) that wood i becoming harder to come by.

is this a trend or a pattern happening?

true, but that's changing. i've heard complaints from a few guys that so many others are cutting down trees for free (just to get the wood) that wood i becoming harder to come by.

is this a trend or a pattern happening?

And thats just going to push the price up more!!!

My Dad's neighbor sells firewood in Akron, OH. He sold a little over 70 cords of split and seasoned for $160/cord and ran out of dry stuff in November. He wants to have 200 cords piled up for next fall and plans on charging a bit more.
Finnbear

i even tried going to my town high-way department to see if i could grab any wood they get. unfortunately, one of the high-way guys already gets it all, has it dumped at his house and cuts/splits and sells the wood. nice set up.

in a town nearby, if you aren't there the day a tree is dropped off in the town's dump, it's gone that same day. it's like you literally have to camp there.

even taking down a tree for free is getting competitive....sheesh.

i should switch to a corn stove!!:yoyo:

You might want to look into having a chat with that highway workers supervisor. All that wood hes making money on belongs to the taxpayers or the property owners ajoining the ROW's they are working on.

You might want to look into having a chat with that highway workers supervisor. All that wood hes making money on belongs to the taxpayers or the property owners ajoining the ROW's they are working on.

i could, but i think the argument there is once you call the town to remove a tree or branches, it belongs to them to do as they want.

besides, i talked a friend who works for town and he said it would be a lost cause anyways. in other words, don't stir the pot. lol

people want to make some money, not that i blame them, that's enterprising in america.

i even tried going to my town high-way department to see if i could grab any wood they get. unfortunately, one of the high-way guys already gets it all, has it dumped at his house and cuts/splits and sells the wood. nice set up.

in a town nearby, if you aren't there the day a tree is dropped off in the town's dump, it's gone that same day. it's like you literally have to camp there.

even taking down a tree for free is getting competitive....sheesh.

i should switch to a corn stove!!:yoyo:

corn stoves aren't to cheap to run....most burn about 1 1/2 bushels a day..here in the corn belt it's a little under 6 bucks a bushel(market price is $4.09)...so about 9 bucks a day = 270 bucks a month...thats kind on high in my book

Back