My Ebay 044- got the wrong saw... leaving feedback?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy has every right to "whine", I don't care if they sent him a new 660, if that's not what they advertised, and he doesn't want it, then they should absolutely refund the money AND pay for shipping. By the way, another guy posted that he also got a different saw than pictured, so this was no random "mistake", they are obviously using generic pictures for all the 044's, in that case, they should have a clear disclaimer posted. I think a lot of you are missing the point, it doesn't matter whether he got a good deal or not, it's about being misled by the seller. If you bought a truck based on the picture, but then got a different truck, would you say "you got just what you bid on, a running truck" - NO, you would want the :censored: truck you saw in the picture. I'm not sure why you guys are sticking up for this seller so much, very strange IMO.

Wow... I had no ideas that owning 20 saws was required before posting on the site. I'm done with this post, and done with this site.

Well I'm done with this post also, but, as always, it is the majority of the reasoned responses that cause me to state emphatically, I'M NOT DONE WITH THIS SITE BY ANY MEANS.

This guy has every right to "whine", I don't care if they sent him a new 660, if that's not what they advertised, and he doesn't want it, then they should absolutely refund the money AND pay for shipping. By the way, another guy posted that he also got a different saw than pictured, so this was no random "mistake", they are obviously using generic pictures for all the 044's, in that case, they should have a clear disclaimer posted. I think a lot of you are missing the point, it doesn't matter whether he got a good deal or not, it's about being misled by the seller. If you bought a truck based on the picture, but then got a different truck, would you say "you got just what you bid on, a running truck" - NO, you would want the :censored: truck you saw in the picture. I'm not sure why you guys are sticking up for this seller so much, very strange IMO.

well, we are taking into account his 50 plus posts about this same saw.

He has started 5-7 threads about it already.....................

Most of us know when our chain is getting jerked a bit.................

Gee fish, if you keep on, next thing you know you'll be telling us that Santa Claus and Jesus aren't real. :)

I don't think he's done... I still think you were right about the 1000 post by the 4th of July on this one.... :popcorn:

WOW! I want to sign up for the "buying a used 044 and getting a new 660 program" & I promise I won't even think about giving negative feedback: and I'm not even a Stihl person.

From the looks of the pictures of the two saws, it looks like you got the better of the two pictured even if the stickers are missing. According to the selling prices, you got a saw that sold for more money and paid less. Most people who sell items and give you the option to purchase more than one for the same price don't even use more than one picture to describe all of the saws as long as they are the same model. If you are not happy with it, the seller offered to give your money back, thats all they can offer. The auction says they don't ship, so most buyers pick up the item in person. If someone picked up the item for you (that is the time the ID should have been clarified) and it wasn't the one you purchased, the seller had no way of knowing you were getting the wrong saw, nor would they have any reason to believe the saw was going to be shipped elsewhere, hence the not offering a shipping re-imbursement. If I were going to be listing 10 saws of the same type, I would show one picture to show a general description & state that all were in working condition with cosmetic blemishes and that would be it. It seems like the seller has done the right thing by offering a refund.

WOW! I want to sign up for the "buying a used 044 and getting a new 660 program" & I promise I won't even think about giving negative feedback: and I'm not even a Stihl person.

From the looks of the pictures of the two saws, it looks like you got the better of the two pictured even if the stickers are missing. According to the selling prices, you got a saw that sold for more money and paid less. Most people who sell items and give you the option to purchase more than one for the same price don't even use more than one picture to describe all of the saws as long as they are the same model. If you are not happy with it, the seller offered to give your money back, thats all they can offer. The auction says they don't ship, so most buyers pick up the item in person. If someone picked up the item for you (that is the time the ID should have been clarified) and it wasn't the one you purchased, the seller had no way of knowing you were getting the wrong saw, nor would they have any reason to believe the saw was going to be shipped elsewhere, hence the not offering a shipping re-imbursement. If I were going to be listing 10 saws of the same type, I would show one picture to show a general description & state that all were in working condition with cosmetic blemishes and that would be it. It seems like the seller has done the right thing by offering a refund.

Count me in on that new 660 for a used 044 price. :givebeer: :givebeer: Hell some people will ##### when they get hung with a new rope.:givebeer: :givebeer:

Tempers flaring on this subject.
Lots of folks on this site sell saws on ebay and often get taken advantage of, especially with the new feedback rules. I had one guy threaten neg feedback because some packing peanuts got under the plastic and there was no user manual (which I never implied came with the saw). I sent him a .pdf manual and never heard back from him or got feedback.
I think that the original poster struck a nerve because in this case he got a good saw for a good price and is looking to get a few bucks back as a reprimand to the seller. Does the seller deserve this? In this case probably a letter to the management of the company will suffice. Ebay is always a gamble and you seem to have made off fairly well. Count your blessings.
By the way, welcome to the site and don't be too pissed off with everyone and forget to GET THAT SAW IN SOME WOOD!:chainsaw:
:givebeer:

##### ##### #####

Save some of that hostillity for the Plant Biologists jerk BIL. This guy ask opinion, I think he got a deal, but bill of sale that don't match serial numbers might be a concern. My opinion (opinions like a holes they usually stink.)

If I was the seller I would absolutely give his a partial refund.

How much does it cost to post a single picture on ebay these days? That's what I would give him.

Does it smell like sap in here?

Fred

Are you referring to me?

As far as the saw goes, I still feel like I got a bargain- $144 for the saw and its a runner (haven't cut with it yet) so I have no complaints there. My complaint is that the saw I thought I was getting is not the one I got because the seller screwed up the pictures in their ad. Yes it has some bangs and scuffs, but it's a used saw so I can't cry over that. I don't want to send the saw back, because even if they refunded all my shipping costs (which would be tough to do since I had a friend pick up and ship the saw to me since the seller didn't offer shipping) I wouldn't likely be able to get another decent 044/440 for the money I'd get back.

Here is the saw I bid on- click here for link.

Here is my thread with photos of the saw I got- click here for link.

Here is a link to the auction that has the photo of the saw I actually received- click here for link.

As far as condition of the saw goes I don't have a leg to stand on, because in the auction it does say condition is not guaranteed (otherwise I could really throw a fit because the sprocket nose on the bar is hosed) but it's very easy to see that the saw I got is NOT the one in the auction, and to me that is a misrepresentation of the item. I've never left anyone negative feedback on Ebay before, and the amount of thought I've put into doing so is kind of rediculous. I just wish they would give a partial refund and we could put this behind us... then I'd leave positive feedback and life would be good.

Hey I'll give ya 150.00 for it and what ya say we split the shipping to 77630,,,, about 10.00 each!!!!:clap:

wrong saw off ebay

Remember if you paid with Paypal, they may be able to assist you in your dispute. Hell, 2 years ago I received the wrong phone from an auction, didn't get any joy from the seller, so Paypal put the money back in my account and I still have the phone.

Just a thought

Dunko:)

My 2 cents

Please everyone chill a bit. There are obviously good points on both sides of this debate. He asked for opinions, always a dangerous undertaking on AS, and he got a lot of them, and I will include mine. The people selling the saw should be obligated to sell what they show in the picture and to keep things straight. Be they employees of the state or not is of no consequence, they should do the job right, and pay the piper if they screw up as they obviously did. On the other hand, (there is always another hand) cyard got a hell of a deal, probably better than the one he thought he had in the first place. For sure someone was willing to pay about $40 more for the saw that he received than he would have had to pay for the one he thought he bought.??? Anyway if advise is really what he's looking for, mine is to just leave well enough alone, leave some mildly positive feedback, and know that the guys selling these things probably learned to keep the bids straight next time, or just post a generic picture and state this is a representation only, your saw may vary or language to that effect. Be happy that you were able to score a good saw for low bucks, and don't take the critics to heart, some of the worst would give you the shirt of their backs if you really needed help. My 2 cent. JR

Back