My Ebay 044- got the wrong saw... leaving feedback?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A seller that thinks he can put up a pic of any :censored: thing he wants and then ship any other :censored: thing he wants and the buyer shouldn't have any recourse. That really takes the cake. :clap:

The auction stipulated pick up only. If he had picked it up in person, as the auction requested, this would have been settled then. Furthermore, the seller offered him a full refund. Finally, this is not "any old thing." It is a running 044, which is what was advertised. The telling fact is that the seller does not want his money back. He doesn't want his money back because he got a damned good deal. He has no room to complain.

The auction stipulated pick up only. If he had picked it up in person, as the auction requested, this would have been settled then. Furthermore, the seller offered him a full refund. Finally, this is not "any old thing." It is a running 044, which is what was advertised. The telling fact is that the seller does not want his money back. He doesn't want his money back because he got a damned good deal. He has no room to complain.

Since finding out that he had a friend pick the saw up I will grant you that the shipping shouldn't be on the table. I don't disagree that he got a good deal, but feel that the "sweetness" of the deal is immaterial. My problem is with EBay sellers who can't be bothered to accurately describe their stuff. If you have a dozen saws to sell and you only have enough motivation to take one pic, state in your auction that the pic is only representative. If you list a saw and post the wrong pic, be prepared to hear some complaints... I have been on both the buying and selling side on EBay at various times, when I'm selling I take responsibility for my mistakes. When I'm buying I expect to recieve the item I was LOOKING at. Nothing more.

+1

Here is the saw I bid on- click here for link.

Here is a link to the auction that has the photo of the saw I actually received- click here for link.

Had you picked it up in person, or told your friend to check serial number, it would be one thing, but that isn't how it happened.

I'll give you $200 if you send it to me and quit whining.:censored:

That's ridiculous. You think you got a bargain, yet you want money back? What's your user id so I can put you on my list of not doing business with?

$144 for a running 044 and you think you're owed a refund. That really takes the cake.

+1 By your own admission you got such a good deal that you wouldn't return the saw even if you got a full refund with some provision for shipping. Be happy that you're happy with what you got.

That's ridiculous. You think you got a bargain, yet you want money back? What's your user id so I can put you on my list of not doing business with?

$144 for a running 044 and you think you're owed a refund. That really takes the cake.

Why don't you just tell me your user name, since your such a #### all the time I won't bother paying you for anything I could get somewhere else. I asked the seller for partial refund based on the fact that what I bid on (or what I thought I was bidding on) is not what I received.

Here is a link to the auction that has the photo of the saw I actually received- click here for link.

Had you picked it up in person, or told your friend to check serial number, it would be one thing, but that isn't how it happened.

I'll give you $200 if you send it to me and quit whining.:censored:

What a swell bunch we have here... guy comes on looking for advice on how to handle a situation the right way and all you want to do is call me a whiner. So I have no right to be mad about the fact that the seller misrepresented the item by putting the wrong photo in the auction?

I'd like it if a mod or admin could lock this thread up or delete it completely... I'm ready to be done with it.

You know, we're all human, any one of us can make a mistake. A few years ago I listed 50 or 60 seperate auctions for coins I had over a 2 week period. I messed one up near the end, a silver dollar, the auction had a different mint mark than the one I had to send - Read it wrong? Typed it wrong? Before I even mailed it, I emailed the buyer, to allow him to back out if he wanted [about a 25.00 auction] His reply was "just send the one you have" So I did, he got it, left pos fb for me for being honest. For 144.00, you got a saw that had been bid up to 182.50 - I'd think about it for a few days, before negging the seller -

Give them neutral feedback, but not negative. .

If you can live with the saw, but still aren't happy with how the seller handled the situation, keep the saw & leave a neutral feedback. The neutral feedback might be enough to get the seller to pay closer attention to what he's doing.

With the new rules, neutrals are the same as negatives.

Looks to me(by the auction prices) the op got a $182 saw for $140ish, lol.

Yes the new feedback rules are totally silly, and make the threat of neg
totally worthless.

I got a neutral from a jerk, that gave me the neutral without even e-mailing me of any problem first. I was pissed when I got it, but was livid when my feedback rating went to 99.8, so the feedback system is totally a joke now.

It may be liberating though...... Since my perfect rating is no longer an object to be held hostage.........99.8 97.8 since everyone elses is going into the crapper, what's the diff.?I had a buyer complain that I sent him the wrong fuel/oil caps for his 029, I sent him the ones in the auction. He needed the other ones. I sent him a set of what he needed, told him to keep the others and e-bay them. I protected my pos feedback........

No longer.............................

Someone wants to ##### because his box came a day late, even on a holiday weekend, he will do so, with impunity. The sellers are screwed, and I will be leaving soon........

The thing to keep in mind with those sellers who are auctioning surplus materials for a state/federal/municipal agency is that they are usually employees of said agency, and so they don't have 'personal' attachment to these auctions.

When you bid on things offered by these agencies you have to keep in mind a few key points.

1.- The employees listing these things likely know very little about them.

2.- There's usually more than one employee involved, and messages pertaining to items aren't usually passed between the people involved.

3.- They take pictures of a 'random sampling' of the items in question. It's very important to remember that the picture is merely a representation of what is offered, but not always the actual item.

I used to buy large lots of Military surplus through DRMO for the state here, and I would see all kinds of shenanigans go on.

Last edited:
For 144.00, you got a saw that had been bid up to 182.50 - I'd think about it for a few days, before negging the seller -.

Looks to me(by the auction prices) the op got a $182 saw for $140ish, lol.[/QUOTE]

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. You received an admittedly good running saw for $144. Parts saws go for more than that. Unless there was something really special about the saw you bid on, and it might not even run, seals shot, bearings rough, whatever...its likely that you came out on top in this deal. How about the guy who got the $144 saw for $182? If this were your complaint, folks might have been a bit more willing to listen.

Are you referring to me?

As far as the saw goes, I still feel like I got a bargain- $144 for the saw and its a runner (haven't cut with it yet) so I have no complaints there. My complaint is that the saw I thought I was getting is not the one I got because the seller screwed up the pictures in their ad. Yes it has some bangs and scuffs, but it's a used saw so I can't cry over that. I don't want to send the saw back, because even if they refunded all my shipping costs (which would be tough to do since I had a friend pick up and ship the saw to me since the seller didn't offer shipping) I wouldn't likely be able to get another decent 044/440 for the money I'd get back.

Here is my thread with photos of the saw I got- click here for link.

As far as condition of the saw goes I don't have a leg to stand on, because in the auction it does say condition is not guaranteed (otherwise I could really throw a fit because the sprocket nose on the bar is hosed) but it's very easy to see that the saw I got is NOT the one in the auction, and to me that is a misrepresentation of the item. I've never left anyone negative feedback on Ebay before, and the amount of thought I've put into doing so is kind of rediculous. I just wish they would give a partial refund and we could put this behind us... then I'd leave positive feedback and life would be good.

YES. you have a high post per saw ratio, so we suspect "bogus"

or I do

What a swell bunch we have here... guy comes on looking for advice on how to handle a situation the right way and all you want to do is call me a whiner. So I have no right to be mad about the fact that the seller misrepresented the item by putting the wrong photo in the auction?
I told the seller I will be leaving negative feedback based on the fact that the photo in the auction was a misrepresentation of the saw- do you folks feel I am justified in doing so?
Perhaps you should have said in your original post that you only wanted opinions that agree with yours. I guess when you asked if you were justified, you didn't want an answer?

144.00 for a running 044 is a good deal. Just let it go. Buyer feedback is a powerful weapon, one buyer can potentially ruin a good ebay seller; there was a thread on that last month.......

Not much the seller can do to fix it, he offered a refund. Enjoy your 044. It is a great saw.

The saw you got actually went for more money. The metal on it looks pretty clean, I can understand your frustration at the appearance of the plastic, but you got a pretty good saw, from the looks of it.

Last edited:
144.00 for a running 044 is a good deal. Just let it go. Buyer feedback is a powerful weapon, one buyer can potentially ruin a good ebay seller; there was a thread on that last month.......

Not much the seller can do to fix it, he offered a refund. Enjoy your 044. It is a great saw.

The saw you got actually went for more money. The metal on it looks pretty clean, I can understand your frustration at the appearance of the plastic, but you got a pretty good saw, from the looks of it.

pretty much my point, e-bay will be hurting quite soon, replaced by other
{google} entities..............

invest in google............... they actually have intelligent employees.........

]

YES. you have a high post per saw ratio, so we suspect "bogus"

or I do

Wow... I had no ideas that owning 20 saws was required before posting on the site. I'm done with this post, and done with this site.

Back