My First Bucket Truck for $15-20,000 HELP!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApexTreeService

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went to Treetrader.com, and started looking. What do I get, Altec boom, High Ranger, center pivot, etc.?

I need it with a dump. I know diesel engines, and I know Cat and Cummins are great.

What about inspection, insulated, working height. Could someone just give me 2 cents. There is a lot out there!

Need non CDL, dump, Utah height trees.

There's a Vocon auction in Ia on the 28th. It may be too far of a drive for you though. There's also California tree equipment, they're a sponsor on this site.

60' is the tallest tree I encounter around here. I will only be driving it on occasion, mainly employee so that is why the non cdl.

:agree2:
It will be hard to stay under CDL with a chip box if you're going to load it with chips.

So hard I dont think you can do it and be happy at all. Something has to be sacrificed, either the height of the bucket or the amount of chips you can haul. (wheel barrel load).

Well, guess I'll stick to climbing. Would be nice to have a bucket for hazardous wood and tall stuff.

Back