My first day at ballet class

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also , even though you know everything, you should be making them cuts at your head level that way when the wood comes off stem and moves its already above your head if you duck out the way. chest level cuts are not going to let you get away.

not that bad of advice for a couple years ago of experience since... i might tweek a thing or two about it nowadays.

so whats up with this crane tman? how she crumble? that thing did look like a hurt'n animal, how the hell DOT let that pos roll down the road? lol.

not that bad of advice for a couple years ago of experience since... i might tweek a thing or two about it nowadays.

so whats up with this crane tman? how she crumble? that thing did look like a hurt'n animal, how the hell DOT let that pos roll down the road? lol.

I really don't know how he was able to drive down the road. I didn't hire him. I had worked with him once before on a job I was hired to do. It was dark, rainy and windy. I didn't get a good look at his rig that time.
Regardless, when the crane rolled up for this job with hydro fluid leaking out of the outriggers I should have went home. I have good life insurance and sometimes still feel like tempting God. Its a crazy thing to say I know but Hell, why else would I be up there?
I even got a little more over the top with " my second day of ballet class" but that all was in my control there pretty much. Sure, I could have gotten hurt or something but it was all on me and I am used to that.
The whole thing with Eddie and the guy who hired him is pretty sad. These guys are old, washed up and desperate but they still have to go out and work. There is nothing to do about it. There are a lot of guys like this. Being 40 myself I can understand. I think they let the control they needed to do the work slip away. Maybe they thought they were in control and doing well so they partied down and blew it. That is my opinion here. Maybe they thought they could sit back and let other people drive off to the jobs without them at the helm. That is also my thought.
Now I did the job on my own recognizance, I am not stupid but I do get mad at the fact that these guys would assume or even expect just anybody would do it. I am The Dan, I knew I wasn't going to die that day so I went... for the ####ing fun of it.

And it was fun. The first elm I lowered ( Eddie was broke down on the road and I was sick of waiting). There was the statue, house and of all things one of those plastic rocks under the tree. Some guys ( one of which was the HO) came out and moved the rock so it would get broken. Under the rock was a rats nest of electrical wired all noodled up and connect with just some caps. I said, " put the rock back", they said, " we don't want it to get broken". I ended up " persuading" them to leave the dam rock where it was on go back inside. After I hucked out the top of the elm I screamed at the top of my lungs " There ya go mother####ers! Want to come out on get on me about some plastic rock!? Go back inside wher you belong, your rock seems to be just fine!" I also made some comment about how I thought they were pussies in the first place. See? FUN!
Ropes uses the lazy twitching eye, I am little more verbose.

Last edited:
jeez! i must of been sleepping lately or really busy. Where the hell did this thread come from? Dan you sort of look like a french poodle up there. Just busting your balls, nice job man!

jeez! i must of been sleepping lately or really busy. Where the hell did this thread come from? Dan you sort of look like a french poodle up there. Just busting your balls, nice job man!

Its Ok buddy, I've been dealing with it for some time. If I can put up with Plas I can put up with you.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back