My first day at ballet class

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treejob_070-1.jpg

The Dan files his 26 while they set up the jib and swing it over his head
treejob_042.jpg

If you don't know the other guy then consider yourself lucky. He 's the boss. The trees are in back. The elm is upfront.

Last edited:
now i see why your using them kneepads tman. funny cutting position your putting yourself in.

also , even though you know everything, you should be making them cuts at your head level that way when the wood comes off stem and moves its already above your head if you duck out the way. chest level cuts are not going to let you get away.

whats up with you pissing on that guys crane?.........3 saws?.....

Jamie earned his 200 for his camera work and for picking up the slack of those two goons. He floated the top of that elm real good for me and I slipped a couple kerfs in each side before I sent it out. I didnn't feel a thing on the pulley.
Me and Eddie are not going to be working together I am sorry to say. He know what he is doing but that rig is shot. I tested it with the elm pole first thing. i was glad it turned out that way as I cut it from the ground.

now i see why your using them kneepads tman. funny cutting position your putting yourself in.

also , even though you know everything, you should be making them cuts at your head level that way when the wood comes off stem and moves its already above your head if you duck out the way. chest level cuts are not going to let you get away.

whats up with you pissing on that guys crane?.........3 saws?.....

Oh yeah you will see it the video how I made my cuts up high and ducked behind the pole. I can't get the 44 above my head dude. Who do you think I am?
That crane was busy pissing all over everything else. I kept thinking if you would have used it.
Eddie is great, not so with his crane. He broke down a few times getting there, while there and was leaking all over. I took extra time saying goodbye to my family the morning I did the job cause I worked with eddie once before on some cowboy ****, early am, in the pouring rain., it was dark. I knew the condition of his rig but I knew the trees were close and not to heavy.

Dan, nice shots. You are going to have to rotate some of them in photoshop so they turn up straight. Who are you kidding with 3 saws? Photo pose for the Guiness Book or what?

Dan, nice shots. You are going to have to rotate some of them in photoshop so they turn up straight. Who are you kidding with 3 saws? Photo pose for the Guiness Book or what?

If guess if all you have to comment on is the 3 saws then I can only gather that you skipped over the part about my 200 a day caddy. He was the one who kept putting all those clubs on the hook for me to use.
I could have done without the 26, I usually get into trouble with that little thing and , honestly, I find the 20 is just as good on the ground.
Thanks for thinking The Dan is worth a DAM.

you need a crane four that are you kidding tom trees:monkey:

I sure am, kidding you that is tommy. See, The Dan just "shows up" for this gig. get it? You think I would have bothered with the crane if it was my job and just those trees? No way!
The one picture I have labeled " You have a better chance of seeing God than picking that up" was the tree out back, by the stream. by the bridge, the bridge over troubled water. You aall have yet to see this bridge but is coming my friend.
So I did look at the job beforehand and I knew the condition of Eddies war-pig. The guy whose job it was told me that to clear the front trees and back the crane further as to pick up the trees BEHIND the house. Judging from the POOLS of hydr. fluid gathered at the outriggers...
Eddie took a crack at reaching over the house from where he stood for the first picks, the words " septic system" impeded any further advancement along with the fact the entire area is covered in a leg swallowing boulder feild. which leads to the CONFOUNDED BRIDGE. The crane was suppose to lift the wood out.
The Dan showed up at 730 am and took some pics, the two groundies were sqwalking on the phone about how the crane was delayed. Jamie rolls in and then it was puff puff give for a second and a game plan to get on the move with the elm was executed.
Hell no! The Dan didn't need that pig to get that stuff down BUT it only took barely the morning.
We would have got it all done if we could have reached it and The Dan rolled at noon.
I got to get back cause The Dan said he was going to string up the 3/4 inch stable braid to the ash and poplar and sail it to a little meadow over the house and boulders. The trunks are going to have to be dropped.
Somebody wants them to mill but I am no logger. The boulders are going to be a problem so will have to lash them good s to keep the trunks from jumping all over. Meybe The Dan will skid them out, he was out looking for horses today.

Last edited:
Got something to say then say it.

Ok, well for starters congrats on figuring out the pic upload process!! Now learn how to rotate and crop. WTH is up with the 3 saws? You really do not look to comfortable up there, but maybe its just the pics? How often do you work with a crane? Not trying to bust your b-lls, just stating the obvious. Oh yeah why do you always refer to yourself in the third person? Attempt at humor or are you just that far out there?

Attempt at humor or are you just that far out there?

I've often wondered this about Dan. At first I didn't like him. Thought he was just a joke. Guy's actually got some skills though. Glad he ( sorta ) figured out how to post pics. His riggings are neat to look over on the other thread. As far as his words, sometimes I laugh, but most times I just scratch my head and wonder how on earth people like him really exist in this world.

Back