My first time grilling outside with ice!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus103363

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My usual off days are tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. I usually cook something good. Today I chose steaks off the grill. It sleeted about an inch last night here in louisiana. Temp is a steady 32 and there is ice on the ground. First time I have ever grilled outside with ice on the ground. Weather says we will get another inch or two tonight/tomorrow. Crazy weather, especially for Louisiana. Keeping the ole Buck stove hot and prepared for the worst. An inch pretty much shuts down everything here. Loving some wood heat!

4b3b7c3dd6fbbee6bad064da40f74cfd.jpg

33451c63dc31146cbef93b3c933962db.jpg
43c5ed3b354d3e46ebaab4c7fe8cad19.jpg

Thanks

We grill out all winter too. Doesn't get used quite as much, but we still grill 2 or 3 times a month.

I find winter grilling actually results in more moist and evenly cooked food because some of the heat is lost to keeping the grill warm rather than charring the outside of the food being cooked. Takes a little longer but well worth it.

It has been some crazy weather in Louisiana I agree. We are not getting the real "winter" stuff in South Louisiana, but the temps went from Spring like on Sunday in the 70's to the 40's now.

I grill all year . 2-3 times a week. My oven is 10 years old and I can't even tell you if it works . The trick to a good steak is get that grill about ready to melt down and then toss the steaks on . A good seer on both sides locks in the juices and it won't dry out . Nothing worse than a overlooked piece of meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My usual off days are tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. I usually cook something good. Today I chose steaks off the grill. It sleeted about an inch last night here in louisiana. Temp is a steady 32 and there is ice on the ground. First time I have ever grilled outside with ice on the ground. Weather says we will get another inch or two tonight/tomorrow. Crazy weather, especially for Louisiana. Keeping the ole Buck stove hot and prepared for the worst. An inch pretty much shuts down everything here. Loving some wood heat!

4b3b7c3dd6fbbee6bad064da40f74cfd.jpg

33451c63dc31146cbef93b3c933962db.jpg
43c5ed3b354d3e46ebaab4c7fe8cad19.jpg

Thanks

:baba: making me hongry!

Back to that first pic...I'm no cook so bear with me..is that a lemon on each cut or a hunk of squash?

Lemons. A trick I learned years ago. Grill the steak with the lemons on top. Every time you flip them squeeze that juices and let them run down all over that steak. Gives a wonderful flavor, and caramelizes the meat too and keeps it tender. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed. You will eat that steak and have no clue there was a lemon on top.

Thanks

I have no regard for the weather when it comes to cooking over fire. I start my pork butts in the WSM at 9:00 at night and let them go overnight at least once a month here in SW MI.

I have always grilled all year long, but until I became an owner of a Big Green Egg @ 2 years ago, to me there is nothing better.

Chicken, ribs, pizza,roasts,fajitas, meatballs, 24lb turkeys, lots of pulled pork, cornbread in cast iron pans are some of favorites.

More pics are on my list, but usually after plowing for days on end, I just want to fire up the egg, have a few beers and smoke / grill some fantastic food,

Chillin' & Grillin' all year round up north here in PA. Fire it up hard as others have mentioned & it will keep you warm as well!

Also used my WSM through the Superbowl, but have to say this latest round of arctic negative temp's have cramped my style & have me wishing for the extra insulation of the green egg.

a few pics from today, chicken breast with bone and skin, with my chicken rub that is quickly becoming a local sensation, flavors are perfect balance between heat and sweet.

There are some noodles in the background from a new to me 460 Arctic, either way, noodles are a crowd favorite
SAM_2462.JPG SAM_2463.JPG SAM_2464.JPG SAM_2466.JPG SAM_2467.JPG SAM_2462.JPG SAM_2463.JPG SAM_2464.JPG SAM_2466.JPG SAM_2467.JPG

My first time was the best 45 seconds ever (I like my steaks rare). :)

Back