my hillbilly snow plow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
02 F250 super duty... my old faithful locked in 4x4 and moving out. drifts where about three feet back by the barn, due to breaking trail with the truck first made me a tad nervous.....lol but i made it ok and worked out pretty good.... my uncle came down before the snow fall and drove the kubota with the loader up to his place to clean his barn out... didn't make it back before it snowed...so i had him just keep it there... too cold to drive it that far in the wind.... my wife didn't like me grading the yard though..lol but she'l get over it...

My neighbor has one about like that, except he's amish and has to pull it with horses. It actually works pretty well. His has a hand winch on it to raise the blade.

I agree with the rest of them. Gott'a give you a lot of credit, I did my road the hard way for many years.

Did you use an old grain drill frame? I would think that you might need some weight on it to hold it down, can you pivot the blade to kick the snow to the side? Have to give you an "A" for ingenuity and improvisation.

78" jd blade with a cat two fast hitch welded to it... it is adjustable but iced over for now cant pivot it to the side pin is frozen in..lol but used it straight for now.... its attached to an old sprayer cart from my old 250 gallon boom sprayer...i used the cart for a couple of things so far but actually am pleased with the performance...yes i have thought of using a winch to raise it... but i am hoping to get the allis working soon.. then i might just rig a cylinder on it. i also thought of using the blade as a belly mount on the tractor...still deciding.

Find a used snowplow for your truck. You'll wonder why you ever dinked around moving snow with anything else.

Find a used snowplow for your truck. You'll wonder why you ever dinked around moving snow with anything else.

Much better to push than pull when moving snow. Went to look at an old Studebaker truck and the owner had a '89 Dodge 4x4 with a Boss plow that I bought instead. Only cost $2250.

64convertible005.jpg

Good ole farmer creativity, give one a welder torch and a pile of metal and there's no telling what can be built.

i used to have a hinker snowplow, 36'gooseneck & four new holland tractors with cabs etc. but when we lost the business lost it all... luckily got to keep the truck. it was so badly beat up from the wreck my wife had that summer they would only appraise it at $1200.00 with 80,000 miles on it. yeah it sucks to have had such nice equipment and lose it all from losing your contracts and then some one stealing from ya and then the wife got laid off... still two years later she's still unemployed..lost $350,000.00 worth.almost lost everything....makes one come back down to reality and appreciate the things you got left even more..like the truck the house etc.and most of all each other...

Latest posts

Back