My Holiday Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i weedwhacked and mowed 60 hour weeks leading up to the holiday. when i got home i fixed up my house that i borrowed money from my inlaws to buy. it was a forclosure and needed work before i could get a lone. i fell asleep on the floor a couple times that last week but the cemetery looks good and i got the loan.

you too. must be nice to have wood ready for winter, i haven't got to that yet. good feeling when when it comes time to fire up the stove and you have most of the work done.

Your right no branches, both piles came from log piles left by the same logger. The Hemlock was cut on one land owner, dragged through state land with an easement, onto to a different land owner who leases the fields out. Last December I tracked down everyone and got permission to mill some. There was so much ring shake it wasn’t worth the blade time. I cleaned-up the logs next to the field as a courtesy. I recently got a call from the final land owner asking if I could clean the rest up. I said sure (after talking to everyone) trying to get my name out there. There is about 7 cords in that pile. This is more soft wood than I ever thought I would cut in a life time for fire wood – snap, crackle, pop but looks pretty in the Oslo. The cherry pile was a similar story.

Latest posts

Back