My homemade bandmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNMIKE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been working on this project for the last three or four years and have said nothing about it. I made the track and head frame first and had a series of health setbacks (six surgeries over a 24 month period) that slowed me way down. I been working pretty steady over the last three months on the head and got to a point tonight where I felt confident enough to fire it up. IT RUNS..it runs very very well. I cannot believe how smooth it runs and how well the band blade tracks on the trailer tires.
Total cost on the project is 500 dollars including a new HF 6.5 hp engine. The blade is a Cook's super sharp. I have a blade guard and a few fine details to finish and I am in the lumber business. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Homemade band mill - YouTube

I have twenty feet of track made so I am not far away from making sawdust. The video is intentionally short...I wanted to email it to a few of my buddies. :smile2:

Last edited:
That looks really good, TNMike. I love home-fabbed projects. It looks like that one should have you in business pretty shortly. A bit of Rep coming your way.

Looks good Mike-waiting for more pics and videos of the mill in action! I've decided to build one myself after seeing Gene's and your mill.

I have been looking at building a mill for a while. Your looks good.

I will try and get some pictures on in the next couple of days. The work on the mill is going to stop until spring. I was was scheduled today for shoulder surgery on Jan 2. I have some loose bone fragments floating around that are going to have to come out. I will hopefully be cutting lumber in April.

I have been working on this project for the last three or four years and have said nothing about it. I made the track and head frame first and had a series of health setbacks (six surgeries over a 24 month period) that slowed me way down. I been working pretty steady over the last three months on the head and got to a point tonight where I felt confident enough to fire it up. IT RUNS..it runs very very well. I cannot believe how smooth it runs and how well the band blade tracks on the trailer tires.
Total cost on the project is 500 dollars including a new HF 6.5 hp engine. The blade is a Cook's super sharp. I have a blade guard and a few fine details to finish and I am in the lumber business. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Homemade band mill - YouTube

I have twenty feet of track made so I am not far away from making sawdust. The video is intentionally short...I wanted to email it to a few of my buddies. :smile2:

Do you have any plans that I could use? I want to build!

Back