My homemade log splitter with conveyor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTalrdogman85, post: 5230951, member: 87817"]Sorry I didn't mean to hi jack this post..[/QUOTE]
It's all good, I enjoy seeing what others build.

Here is a pic of my splitter. It's mainly from parts laying around. It needs fenders, the job crane we started making, box in the end of the beam and paint. Plus my diamond plate tool box! It's not a good pic though..
nice splitter!!!! the more pics the better. lol.

[QUOTEkerdogman85, post: 5230916, member: 87817"]Here is a pic of my splitter. It's mainly from parts laying around. It needs fenders, the job crane we started making, box in the end of the beam and paint. Plus my diamond plate tool box! It's not a good pic though..
Looks good[/QUOTE]
How do you like the permenant 4-way? I'm trying to decide if I want to do that to my splitter when I build it.

I love it! I was going to make an add on 4 way so we decided to weld wings on it to see if our splitter could handle it, and it's been on ever since. If one gets stuck which rarely happens I put either a wedge or my maul in from of the pusher plate until the wood starts to split and then pull it out and proceed to split.

that thing is awesome!!! gotta ask does the chain catch the splits ok? i think sometimes you'd have to adjust the split so the chain catches a corner of the split. its hard for me to imagine without a video. (hint, hint lol) i cant tell if the conveyor height is adjustable, not that you'd ever need to adjust it. i was j/w. i'm sure it works awesome!!! great job!!!
that thing is awesome!!! gotta ask does the chain catch the splits ok? i would think sometimes you'd have to adjust the split so the chain catches a corner of the split. its hard for me to imagine without a video. (hint, hint lol) i cant tell if the conveyor height is adjustable, not that you'd ever need to adjust it. i was j/w. i'm sure it works awesome!!! great job!!!
The splits have to be placed in by hand for it to catch but is not hard to do. The height is adjustable by a trailer tounge

I'm not sure why but when I try to reply my phone messes it up. What I was saying above before it cut me off is the splits have to be placed in by hand which isn't hard and the conveyor height is IMG_20150224_183127_404.jpg adjustable by a trailer jack.IMG_20150224_183205_164.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150224_183127_404.jpg
    IMG_20150224_183127_404.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 17
I'm not sure why but when I try to reply my phone messes it up. What I was saying above before it cut me off is the splits have to be placed in by hand which isn't hard and the conveyor height is View attachment 406895 adjustable by a trailer jack.View attachment 406888

taw250 that is a sweet set-up you have. I had thought about using an old square bale elevator to just get the wood away from me so it wont pile up so close while splitting in closer quarters. The huge hunks I feed the CL 6048 I believe would beat the tar out of a old bale elevator. Your set-up sure keeps you from having to handle it a bunch. Great work.

Back