My Jonsered 2139t appears to be wounded after the second use!?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I took it in to the dealer yesterday just to have it checked out. Everything was fine. We checked compression and removed the muffler just for fun. Piston was spotless so we put it back together and fired it up. It acted grumpy for the tech there as well I think he had to adjust the low speed mix a little. I was getting familiar with my new brush cutter in the main part, but I could hear him rev it up and adjust the mix with a tach.

So the root causes were two fold: There was a sneaky auto decomp, and a nut loose behind the handle (Me!:stupid:).

Anyway all is well, and I learned something new about my saw.

So I took it in to the dealer yesterday just to have it checked out. Everything was fine. We checked compression and removed the muffler just for fun. Piston was spotless so we put it back together and fired it up. It acted grumpy for the tech there as well I think he had to adjust the low speed mix a little. I was getting familiar with my new brush cutter in the main part, but I could hear him rev it up and adjust the mix with a tach.

So the root causes were two fold: There was a sneaky auto decomp, and a nut loose behind the handle (Me!:stupid:).

Anyway all is well, and I learned something new about my saw.
Don't worry. You have lots of company, myself included. Thanks for the follow up. It is good to know things turned out well. Not guessing or reasoning out that it would be a useful feature on a real arborists saw kind of tells that I am an amateur, but an enthusiastic one, who uses this saw on the ground against the advice of many. I have always thought that many work too quickly when on the ground, & this is what puts them at greater risk. With this firmly in mind, I remind myself, often, to take the time to get secure footing. Just for the record, my 2135 did not require removal of the limiters to be adjusted to a good tune. I am able to get below 13000, but have it set at 13500 (it is rated at 13800 in the specs) & find that it feels & sounds to be perfect. The idle speed is a little above specs. Mine wants to idle best around 3100. It is most consistent in idling, starting, & accelerating at that setting.

Latest posts

Back