My latest 3 chainsaw projects in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone can stand another saw video but I finally got brave and decided to post up my first video. I really had to trim this video down because the audio was terrible with wind noise and my narrator skills leave something to be desired because I was nervous about doing this and I just not as good as some people about getting up in front of a camera so I cut the first part f the video out where I talk about the saws to give some back ground info.

These are three saw I have been working on since last fall . Poulan 3700 I made from donor saws and two MS 361's also made up from donor saws from members here on the sight. The 361that is in the middle is stock . The 361 on the far right has some porting work done to the cylinder , major muffler mod and limiter caps removed from the carb . I just wanted to see if I could do some actual porting and see if I could make a 361 a little faster than a stock 361. I got help from the members in the Poulan thread and on the porting from the members down in the modded work saw section downstairs in the hot saw section. Thanks for the help guys.

All three saw have about the same size engine . The Poulan is no slouch even though it doesn't have the chain speed like the 361's . I like cutting with it especially with that bar and chain combo that is on it. It can be a little testy to get started but once started it fires on the first pull. The 361's didn't turn out to bad either considering they both came from used parts . I only put new rings in the Poulan and that modded 361 along with a few other aftermarket parts that I was short on.

All three saw are pretty much running the same style chain . The Poulan and the stock 361 are running that Oregon Powercut 72 EXL 072 full chisel chain with only 1 depth gauge. Good stuff I like it. The modded 361 is running Stihl RS full chisel . I sharpened the two Stihls for the video . I sharpened the Poulan awhile back and cut a few trees with it and just wanted to see how it would do and I was surprised it kept up with the other two saw.

Enough rambling , let me know how I did. Good or bad

Thanks, I did a lot more talking but cut it out mainly because it didn't come out so good and made the file way to big . Our computer was really struggling with the downloading and exporting of the actual video . This is a first for me getting this up on you tube and over here on the site . It took part of last night and this morning to get what your seeing here . My daughter had to me help me with the you tube part because I was just plain stuck and helpless. I don't know if I want to do this again or not . My video stuff is outdated compared to what is available today. LOL

Nice video. Good to see that you got a couple 361s back to work! I didn't time it, but the ported one seems considerably faster. At the very least, it's certainly more engaging to run!

Thanks , I am happy with that ported saw . Much easier to get started than the 361 I bought new years ago . That darn saw was always a bear to start from the day one I bought it. I switched carbs on it and it is now much easier to start. I even got another 361 up and running but waiting on a aftermarket carb to find it's way to my house . I got my fingers crossed that aftermarket carb will work so I can get a 361 for flipping.

Latest posts

Back