my lawn boy 2 stroke mowing the yard

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owe you guys photos- sorry I was away for the weekend, I'll get some today. I can tell you that it is a yellow shroud, green deck, and the recoil assembly mounts 90* to the crank/flywheel, near the 7:00 position if you are standing behind the mower. It works similar to a motorcycle kickstart- with a gear on a "threaded" bushing that moves inward towards the flywheel when engaged, and self retracts as the pull cord is released and the flywheel spins.

Looks like this:

View attachment 453480
type in these part numbers at https://www.rcpw.com/
recoil spring --- 604257
starter pulley --- 609457
starter pinion --- 609133
spring ------------609229
washer -----------609005
retaining ring ---609004
You can only get the entire assembly used or NOS around ebay or a old shop having the parts laying around you can still buy the parts but not the assembly.

That shroud is shaped like the one on my parts mower (8237), only mine's green instead of yellow. Air intake slots on top in sort of a rear-facing u-shape, black two-piece air shroud underneath the colored part.

Both my runner and parts mower have F engines.

I am on a grounds crew at a private school and mow 10 lawns on the side. I have 4 mowers 3 blowers 2 trucks...I'm over equipped in other words and don't even ask about saws. I've run 2 and 4 strokes. For 4 stroke all I run is Kawasaki, my 36" toro has a big kawi on it and I had a 21" proline toro that had the 6hp version. Honda is good as long as it the GX series and not the timing belt equipped gc engines.
Right now I have 2 low hour pro line 21" Toros with the Suzuki 2 stroke. Best 21" engine ever. Plenty of power and bullet proof. EPA is only reason they are gone. Old lawnboys are wAy cool too. Here's the only 2 I have pics of on phoneimage.jpgimage.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well I mowed a rural cemetery on the 3rd of this month and the grass was pretty tall about 7 inches in spots and the mower did fine
of course the owner only wants it mowed once a month because of the lack of funding and it can turn into a jungle in now time I will post a video to show you guys how well it does in tall grass. yeah im a diehard lawnboy fan.

The 1st lawn boy I ran was in the late 60's. It was the first self-propelled mower I had ever use. In the mid 70's I ran several lawn boys when I did summer work on a school maintenance department.

Back