My little new baby, Husky 133 SG, rebuild/improvement..picture heavy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tor R

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I stumbled over this one for several weeks ago, and have been thinking about it since then. Drove to the shop today and purchased it for 10$, and hopefully bit by bit it will be a runner.

It has several problems, as many see it missing the heathed handle bar, but I don't think it will be a big issue, 133SG, 234SG, 238SG, and the first two years of 242SG share the same handle.
Another issue I saw when I first had her is that the clutch was loose and had destroyed the chain cover, that one can be more difficult to find. And off course the chain brake handle is twisted a bit.

I plan to clean her up a bit before I start to tear her apart.

Anyway, here is some pictures of the little pearl, or the disaster....

_DSC1904.jpg

_DSC1906.jpg

_DSC1911.jpg

_DSC1912.jpg

_DSC1913.jpg

_DSC1905.jpg

_DSC1917.jpg

Yes!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for one of those for years, and have never even seen one. It should come as no surprise that I am very envious of how many of the saws on this chassis and the 154/254 chassis that you are able to find where you are. Very nicely done!!!

I look forward to seeing this saw running alongside a 238 and 242 for comparison!

Thanks
I belive 133/234 is super rare even where I live, this is also the first off two 133 versions.
This is more 50cc area, but there was sold a huge amount 242 saws here also.
I am currious how this little baby will perform, there was sitting 325" 8T rim on it.
I will try to build it up as it was build original, but for firing it up I belive I can use the needed parts from 42/242.

Well, this model is essentially non-existent here, just like the 444 that is also nowhere to be found here in the US. I did see one 234 being parted out on eBay, which is a shame, because the seller seems to have most of the parts for it but it would cost many hundreds to buy them all from him. And, of course, heated saws of any sort are relatively rare here.

If you ever come upon US-based parts you need for this, let me know - I would gladly trade some US parts shipped over to you for the opportunity to get one of this series or the heated 154/254 shipped over here!

If you ever come upon US-based parts you need for this, let me know - I would gladly trade some US parts shipped over to you for the opportunity to get one of this series or the heated 154/254 shipped over here!
I've promised my wife to stop getting new projects, she is in rage nowadays.
But then, there is two shop I will visit this spring, if I see some 242sg/254sg I will let you know, I have so many projects so I have no problem to let others get some projects, you probleby just need a full xpg part set

I've started to study IPL's from 133/234/238/242, to see what parts I can mix around with. Will make a list later for those who is interested to know more about those nice Huskies.

Cleaned her up a bit today and started to put her apart. Have to be careful, most parts are NLA. If they still was avaible I would had bought a new piston. Air filter system on 133/234 and the first years of 238 is a weak system, probleby the only weak spot they had.

Cylinder reminds me alot of 254, almost like a mini 254. Will post pictures later compared with a 242 jug.
254 vs 133
_DSC1931.jpg

This one is a true 133 cylinder, Mahle 38ZN7
_DSC1930.jpg

Pictures are quite lousy, but that is how they look.
_DSC1927.jpg

_DSC1928.jpg

_DSC1929.jpg

Piston:
_DSC1920.jpg

_DSC1921.jpg

_DSC1922.jpg

I've decided to split the crankcase on go through her from the bottom, will probleby do that this weekend. Will probleby exchsnge bearing flywheel side, and if needed I will sacrifice one of the 5015940-02 bearing I have stocked up.

There are some modd I will do with her, will include change of carburator and a bit dremmel work needed there, modd the oil pump so she have adjustment for oil.

Cylinder gasket is 0,7mm thick, 242 have 0,5mm gasket.
Will do a squish check tmr.

More pictures to arrive tomorrow as I start to compare 133 vs 242

I've started to study IPL's from 133/234/238/242, to see what parts I can mix around with. Will make a list later for those who is interested to know more about those nice Huskies.

Cleaned her up a bit today and started to put her apart. Have to be careful, most parts are NLA. If they still was avaible I would had bought a new piston. Air filter system on 133/234 and the first years of 238 is a weak system, probleby the only weak spot they had.

Cylinder reminds me alot of 254, almost like a mini 254. Will post pictures later compared with a 242 jug.

Looks like you were really fortunate with the condition of the piston and cylinder. I keep a stock of 42 and 42 Specials around just so I can steal the clutch side crankshaft bearings if I need one. They are very common here and get no love which is good for me. They also keep me in bar plates.

Looks like you were really fortunate with the condition of the piston and cylinder. I keep a stock of 42 and 42 Specials around just so I can steal the clutch bearings if I need one. They are very common here and get no love which is good for me.
piston&cylinder where in better condition then what I should expect. Cylinder in very good shape.
First I though I would just do it easy and simple, but I have decided to tear her totally down and rebuild her.

I am not stressing with the missing parts, eventually I will get them from Sweeden, already working with the case

It is a 1987 238SE, SN 7340102. I also got lucky and the piston and cylinder were in great shape. I am still looking for the correct decals for the starter and top cover though. Paid $37.50 on eBay for it in pieces in a box.
adjustable oil pump right? And airfilter is 242 style.
You used 242 gasket set when you build her up?

Yes on all questions. The hardest part was getting it to run properly. I eventually got rid of the old carb (HDA-35B?) and installed one from a 42 Special (HDA-98?). Don't quote me on the carb models - I'm using an old brain.

I am not a big fan of the early carbs that used a capillary check valve setup - I much prefer the mechanical check valve.

Back