My new baby....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock::rock::rock:
Congrats on the 346!!

Grab a 2 Gal. Gas can, a Gal. of oil, some files, and go break that thing in!!!

After you run it for a while, you're gonna start looking at limbing in a whole new way LOL!!!

They don't get really snotty untill after 8-10 tanks through 'em, so get busy!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:rock::rock::rock:
Congrats on the 346!!

Grab a 2 Gal. Gas can, a Gal. of oil, some files, and go break that thing in!!!

After you run it for a while, you're gonna start looking at limbing in a whole new way LOL!!!

They don't get really snotty untill after 8-10 tanks through 'em, so get busy!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Just thought of another question, do you guys break em in with mineral oil or syn, (dont worry I know what ratio I want to run:greenchainsaw:)

Kirk

Great saw. Im sure you will enjoy it. Be careful and dont let anyone borrow it or you may have trouble getting it back!

All kidding aside, always use the best AIR cooled two cycle engine oil that you can find. Synthetic or group iii base stock oils have a tighter molecular structure than conventional dino oil and therefore tends to be slicker.

Heat Cycles are as important to the 'break in' procedure as a rich fuel mixture. Follow the instruction manual. Make your first cuts at full throttle. After you have made a few cuts, shut the engine down and allow it to cool. Full throttle is important to provide enough fuel to the engine. Fuel cools the piston and cylinder whereas oil is for lubrication.

Nice saw.I never cut with one stock,I sent mine to OHIO before I put it to any wood.Don't worry about the clutch cover,you can get one like mine if it gets scratched up.
attachment.php
You are going to love that saw once it breaks in.

I like the Orange cover better too, when the silver one looks crappy I'll probably replace it and make it look right. If my nephew wants my 357 bad enough I'll have the same two saw combo you have!

Kirk

Just thought of another question, do you guys break em in with mineral oil or syn, (dont worry I know what ratio I want to run:greenchainsaw:)

Kirk

Break it in with whatever ya got that is good oil, and meets the specs in the owners manual...just in case.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

looks good, but that side cover won't look that way long. don't worry, just cut wood.......oh yeah, read up on muffler modding it, it makes a big difference.

And that Husky sticker will be the first thing that falls off that saw followed soon after by the blue decomp button. :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back