My New Favorite Firewood Tool!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer0419

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today was the first day I was able to use my Lockhart's Firewood Grippers for a full day of splitting. I purchased 2 of the 15-18 grippers. I used the grippers to move the wood up to my splitter. I hauled and split for HOURS today. These grips are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!! Today has to be the first time my hands, arms, and back were not hurting after a long day of splitting!! I especially noticed my forearms were not scratched to hell from lifting and hauling logs all day!! Except for my saw and splitter.....these grippers are by far my best firewood tools!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity what species of firewood were you picking up with these? I've thought about buying a pair but hesitate not knowing if they'll bite into solid hard woods like oak without slipping off?

I personally haven't used them but my neighbor is always talking them up and he mainly cuts red oak. I would like to get a pair someday. I also might add if you don't have a pickaroon you need to get one.

Just ordered a pair from Baileys :clap:
(along with a crap load of other stuff....love mail order'n wood cut'n stuff ya cant get here in Canukville)

I've seen, but never used, pulp hooks for firewood and bale hooks for haying. They're good for some people but I can only see myself swinging, missing and impaling my leg.

These things have been huge time and back savers for me. I use them to haul stuff to the Gator when the tree is off the trail. You can carry two larger logs just like carrying a couple of five gallon buckets. I find them the most useful for getting larger logs up onto the splitter. Grab the handle in the middle and swing it up and give it boost with your leg just like throwing bales of hay around. I've got the ones for 18" logs. If the logs are a bit on the small side you can put them on the diagonal.

They are HUGE back savers!!!! These make life around the firewood pile SO EASY!!! I use them on Ash, Oak, Locust, Maple, etc with absolutely no issues. Love them!!!

[video=youtube;2C0HWMkV5tQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C0HWMkV5tQ&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

These are on my Christmas list....... :)

Shari

[video=youtube;2C0HWMkV5tQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C0HWMkV5tQ&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

These are on my Christmas list....... :)

Shari

Gonna love them. I used mine again tonight. Split for about 2 hours after work. I still can't believe just how much easier these things make moving logs!!!

Latest posts

Back