My new Husky 3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and 2 more ..haha. just gotta bury the bar in some wood and run her in now :cool2: more pics and possible vids to come. if i can set that damn camera thingy up :msp_ohmy: .... .. . . :eek:uttahere2:

looks alot like mine, but alot cleaner. You will like that saw alot for taking the stumps out.
i switch it out with the 394xp all the time depending on what kind of tree im cutting.

Velly nice. What did you end up paying? Mine cost AUD$2200 a few years ago with a 42" .404" bar. It came with a spare filter :D

Nice!!! I see it has the choke. Is it a fully adjustable carb? Mine has a primer, and fixed hi side jet :cry:

Fixed H jet also :( No primer though :)

Thanks Matt. I had a new one offered to me for 1300$ US. I think it had the 36" RW bar on it then too. Didnt have the $ or need to pick another one up. Unless it had the adjustable carb, cause then it would get a port job!!!

I see it's got a full comp chain fitted. Will that cause any problems with chip clearance on such a long bar?

You can ream the H jet, or send the carb out to have a H screw installed. I found a couple carbs on eBay for the 3120 with the primer.

Man, what a beautiful machine, that's how a saw should look, nice and square, I like geometric shapes, (on machines). :smile2:

Nice!!! I see it has the choke. Is it a fully adjustable carb? Mine has a primer, and fixed hi side jet :cry:
thanks mate ,its fixed jet ! just gonna just change out jets or ream them if needed .

Nice saw and GREAT looking dog in pic #1!
:smile2: that's me boy Riva ...damn awesome dog !!!

You can't do that! :msp_w00t:

It will become dirty! :msp_scared::help:
its teasing me bud... haha ,there's nothing like a big bore saw echoing up threw the valley

looks alot like mine, but alot cleaner. You will like that saw alot for taking the stumps out.
i switch it out with the 394xp all the time depending on what kind of tree im cutting.
got 2x 395's there awesome saws!!!!! I got the 3120 to take a little pressure of the 395's, gotta love the grunt/torque of the 120cc saws.

Velly nice. What did you end up paying? Mine cost AUD$2200 a few years ago with a 42" .404" bar. It came with a spare filter :D

Fixed H jet also :( No primer though :)
got it for AUD$2200 and a spare filter ,and excellent costumer servive !!!! just started her up yesterday, running some 20:1 mix threw her at the moment ,just juicing her up mate .

I see it's got a full comp chain fitted. Will that cause any problems with chip clearance on such a long bar?
I just grind comp chains into skip, but never had any trouble with full comp ,when cross cutting ....

Sometimes it can for sure and if it does jam up in the cut things get nasty with a saw this size. I run skip on all bars above 32" after copping my 3120 in the right thigh a few years back when I buried a 42" with non skip. It hurt, threw me a fair distance, and I had an awesome bruise :(
It pays to never ever get yourself in the wrong position with a saw this powerful (or any saw) as it certainly has the capacity to break bones.

Back