my old rig

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay KF, here's what we're gonna do....

Cash like that'll just get you in trouble.

There's a 48-foot Hans Christian cutter-rigged sailboat in Lauderdale - she's outfitted for circumnaving the marble. We'll get a couple co-eds from Georgia Tech to crew as far as Papeete, let 'em loose and grab a couple of French-Chinese local gals, go from there to Fiji, see how they work out and hook into a sandy lagoon for the Winter.

If we feel a need to climb any trees, well there's some coconuts I'd like to try barefooted.

While the world fights in WW3, well sit tight and cozy. Maybe come back someday, maybe not. We'll bring a deck of cards and some carving knives. I promise you'll never get bored.

Think about it eh?

<p class=MsoNormal><b style='mso-bidi-font-weight:normal'><span style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";color:teal'>It must really suck to live off of (I am guessing) $10,000.00 per week. :rolleyes:

Nice chipper. I like the way the bottom of the shute drops down for cleanout. We put ours in just past the bend (so your hands would not reach the knives).

I have to agree. I find that I am a better tree man than businessman. Seems like when I worked for myself I spent every spare dollar fixing or buying equipment. When I wasn't running around bidding jobs, selling jobs, dumping trucks, etc. etc. etc.

Now I'm only buying climbing gear. :p I don't have to deal with trucks, chippers, dump loads, customers, sales, repairs (except my two saws) or anything. A day off is just that. The guys I climb for usually work 6-7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. I work 4-5 days a week, 4-7 hours a day and net the same or more money than when I ran the whole show.

Dan,
I MADE more than I do now, but I always seemed to find something I 'needed' for the business. So I ended up spending a lot of money on business related stuff.

I guess I'm not much of a businessman. If I didn't need anything, I'd find something to buy. :rolleyes:

jps,
if i posted a pic of GA trr work i'd be sitting on a dirt floor holding up 3 nickels.

i haven't actively pursued tree work here yet. i'm trying to buy and renovate house's in the down town area. just spending my time checking the area out, looking for a deal. i've been thinking about looking for some tree work part time. but it's tough to climb part time. i feel i need to do it every day to stay on top of my game. i stopped to talk to one tree crew. the climber said he made 120.00 a day. i'd rather travel back and forth between new york than work for that. i could run up to ny and make in 2 weeks what would take me more than a month in ga. i left on good terms with 2 companies when i left, they both daid i'd have a job waiting for me if i came back.

when i signed on to the board i didn't realize most of you guys were certified arborists, so i changed my name so i don't unintentionaly insult any one. when i insult some one i prefer its intentional.:D

city climber,

you put that one on the ground. i think i just walked out on a limb or 2. it was near the mall on flatbush. one of jimmy's quick jobs. i'll have a phone # on tuesday. i'll email you then
take care ken

Back