My on going build!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaars

Big Wood
Reaction score
Ive been thiking about this build for about a year and just now getting around to working on it. I posted pics on the splitter stickey. When i read about the other build threads on here i thought i would re post here so maybe we could compare "Stuff" better.
I had an old Toyota truck that had been wrecked in the front. Just thought i would build a splitter to feed my OWB.
AS stated on the other thread, Im new to this site and not doing a very good job with pics. but i am trying and hope to do better. tried to video and it was too big of a file. any suggestions for videos on I phone would be appreciated.
Specs: Going to drive a 29 gpm pump from the front crank of 4 cyl Toyota motor.
*6x40 splitting cyl. with 3" shaft. More cyl than i wanted but found it at junk yard from ariel boom truck
* 1'' suction and 3/4 pressure to 3/4 splitter valve w/3/4 work ports and 3/4 power beyond and detent on return stroke.
* 4 way adjustable splitter wedge
* Lift table and splitting table with chute to load wagon from splitter. Wanted elevator but maybe later.

I like this already, that is you giant splitter there. waiting for more pics. nice fab work too. :msp_thumbup:

I like this already, that is you giant splitter there. waiting for more pics. nice fab work too. :msp_thumbup:

Yes walker, i read your build thread an decided to post here as well. Nice job on your build(real nice) Its just plain fun to read and see other just good ole boys thoughts and the way your mind works. That is what this site is all about. Send more pics of your new build as well. Everytime i build something like this i can always learn from the mistakes on the first and incorporate in the next.
Just doing this in spare time so i dont know how long it will take. Im glad im not paying me to do this!! It would cost a fortune. Its going to anyway but just a learning experience

nice work, man.....one hell of a splitter!

at least you know people aren't going to borrow it.

i imagine a log lift is the next addition to it.....right?

jaars, very nice fab work! That thing looks like it's going to be an animal. Keep us updated, I know how it is to only build as time and money allows.

Very true, when I have the time I don't have the money and vise-a-versa.

Mr. HE:cool:

Makes the store bought ones look like a toy. Keep up the good work. Funny how people think alike differently.

Welcome to the site Jaars. Nice looking project you've got there. One thing I noticed is how long the log lift is. When you lift up a log and it starts to roll, watch out. You'd better put a backstop on the other side to catch things. I'd have gone with a crane for something like that cuz you know you'll want to put the biggest log that can fit on there.

Great work, keep posting.

I already dislike you. :msp_wink: Love the combination splitter/truck. :rock:

Also, have you had any issues with the chimney of the wood boiler with the two 90 degree elbows?

Also, have you had any issues with the chimney of the wood boiler with the two 90 degree elbows?

I would really want a straight shot thru roof if I was gonna have mine in a building!

Welcome to the site Jaars. Nice looking project you've got there. One thing I noticed is how long the log lift is. When you lift up a log and it starts to roll, watch out. You'd better put a backstop on the other side to catch things. I'd have gone with a crane for something like that cuz you know you'll want to put the biggest log that can fit on there.

Great work, keep posting.

Yes the backstop is next when I get time to work on it
The reason the lift is that long is the truck is higher than a regular splitter. I think a lift would be too slow for me. if log is too big, I use an excavator when I split. I will just set it on there with that.
I bring logs to my place through out the year an then split everything from there.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the old truck. still have a lot of fires to put out, no pun intended.
No problems at all with the 2 90's. The only reason I did that was after I built the building it suddenly dawned on me that the chimney was on the side towards the house. and with it on the other side you cant tell it is there in the summer time.

Back