My second chair carving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This was my second attempt at a chair out of ohia. I put a koa insert in the seat where it was cracked. The little feet are also koa. I'm a long way from being good but it's an improvement over my first one.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Beautiful wood, interesting design. How does it "sit".....comfortable?

RD

Nice!!

Keep at it!

Those flaws you are seeing and bieng self critical about, just ain't showing up to my eyeballs.

NICE!!:clap::clap::clap:

Now ya got me looking at stumps a little different.

I might have to cut 'em a smidge higher so I have something to whittle on.:greenchainsaw:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Nice!!

Keep at it!

Those flaws you are seeing and bieng self critical about, just ain't showing up to my eyeballs.

NICE!!:clap::clap::clap:

Now ya got me looking at stumps a little different.

I might have to cut 'em a smidge higher so I have something to whittle on.:greenchainsaw:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks. I think you can be happy with the initial outcome but then in order to improve you have to be critical of yourself. Plus, I compare myself to those who are much better than me.
I forget if I asked you where you live in Michigan? I grew up on a farm by Lansing.

Hey PGH check out what this thing fetched on fleabay-http://cgi.ebay.com/SCULPTED-Rustic-MODERN-LOG-Lodge-UNIQUE-Wood-Art-CHAIR_W0QQitemZ170421908756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAntiques_Furniture?hash=item27adeff514 I don't know what your charging but I think yours have a lot more character and are all around better looking wood that this thing. You should be able to fetch a premium for yours I would think!

Thanks Chad. You do some fine work yourself. I'm not trying to get top dollar at the moment for my pieces. I feel that will come with time and exposure. I think I'm just scratching the surface of what I can accomplish. And the only way to learn is to do it over and over.

dude, that is way cool. I foresee a new hobby im my future.... The wife is gonna kill me.

dude, that is way cool. I foresee a new hobby im my future.... The wife is gonna kill me.

ditto!

this is my first trip on this thread and it is way cool!

I dont think my ms440 mag will cut this pretty though :(

Chair update

The reason I put the koa in this chair was because the center was cracked. After it was at the customers house it decided to keep going. I wasn't sure if I could save it or not but had nothing to lose. I replaced all the koa with lychee and it seems to be set. I really don't know how to do this properly so I just did the best I could.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Back in time...

Reminds me of work my dad used to do...Nice work.

If you wouldn't mind, we were wondering what the seat height on the chair is?

Back