My tri-axle load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a darn good deal to me. I can't find anyone around me to get a tri-axle load of logs delivered let along that cheap.

Looks like a good load for the price. Don't count on it being at all dry, even though it has been cut since spring.

looks like nice load at good price.

Do agree with Mike PA above, and would get it bucked, split small, and stacked loose ASAP if you intend to burn it this winter

Visible ends look pretty 'fresh' and not checked to me

"Spring" could be as close as less than 60 days ago

Not a parade pee-er, it was definitely a good buy regardless...Enjoy it

350, wow glad I'm not the guy who cut it. We are paying $65 a cord for tree length in the bush. Things cost more in Canada though.
Ken

Last edited:
Sounds like a smoking deal. A guy here wants $700 for it. What will that turn out to, 8 or 9 cords?

It's interesting to see a picture of what the load looks like on the truck and the ground. I was thinking about getting a load, but I previously didn't have the room for it.

Son-of-A.. I just paid 800 for the same load.. mine was 16' and supposed to be 6 cord.. I'm thinking it might be closer to 7 though.. still.. I want!!!

???

Mikey, where'd you get that? Is it all oak? That's SWEET deal! :cheers:

looks like nice load at good price.

Came from a buddy's place on North Mt. about 5 mi. away

Do agree with Mike PA above, and would get it bucked, split small, and stacked loose ASAP if you intend to burn it this winter

Visible ends look pretty 'fresh' and not checked to me

"Spring" could be as close as less than 60 days ago

Not a parade pee-er, it was definitely a good buy regardless...Enjoy it

No parade pee, shold clarify...was cut spring 2009. It should be ready to go for late winter. It's cheap, cuz it's worthless for veneer, etc. now.

???

Mikey, where'd you get that? Is it all oak? That's SWEET deal! :cheers:

I screwed up the multi-quote...wood came from my buddy's place on North Mt. about 5 mi. from the house.....where I was cutting back in the spring. It was cut last year, some of the piles came from the logging co.'s timbering, some were stacked by the right-of-way construction co. for the new power line where it went thru. It was cheap cuz it was close by.

Sounds like a smoking deal. A guy here wants $700 for it. What will that turn out to, 8 or 9 cords?

It's interesting to see a picture of what the load looks like on the truck and the ground. I was thinking about getting a load, but I previously didn't have the room for it.

The driver said about 7 cords....it's 90% oak, a little maple/elm as well.

A load like that is running about $650 to $700 in my area if you can find one.

Does anybody know how the new Emarald Ash Borer laws are going to affect the price of these types of firewood loads this coming year in Pennsylvania? Pa. has just restricted wood (logs and firewood) hauling from county to county in some areas and across the New York State border has been ruled out for several years now. The law sounds like, if it hasn't been kiln dried, you can't move it out of the county it was cut in. I think it will be hard on the people who sell truck loads of wood to home owners.

Carl

Back