My unexpected logsplitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry Barker

It means that the stacks as seen in the pictures are cut without handling. No matter if it are rounds or the split pieces. You stand on one side of the stack and ripp 2 vertical cuts from top to bottom.

then you walk to the other side of the stack so your assistant can take away the cut pieces while you cut the other side.

Thought that was a common thing, and it really is much faster than piece by piece, surely with a 24" bar on the saw.

:)

My M was dyno'd at 52, after rebuilding with a big bore kit about 8 years ago, still on pump gas. The Massey is more economical, but the loader and 3pt lend themselves more to moving the wood, and I can leave the gas motor M out in 0°F weather and not worry about starting it without a plugin nearby.

Now about this free jet fuel...where's a guy find a source for that????????
Seriously, any problems with pumps from running it? During Desert Shield we had about a 90% replacement rate on injection pumps on the NTC400 Cummins engines in my company's trucks, due to the lower lubricating properties of the JP-8 we ran everything on over there.
My Deere starts easily in any weather. Actually it starts easier than any gas motor I own in cold temps......go figure.
I add 2 cycle oil to all my jet fuel as a precaution. 2 yrs now and now problems yet. I work as an A&P for a large private flight dept. Plenty of fuel gets bowsered all the time from routine maintenance and preflights. So basically all the wood I split has been fuel free. BTW my H has 225lb compression.
More highjack thread hehehhe.

Back