my water logged 026 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the update.

let me start by saying:
i am mechanically inclined. one of my hobbies is air-cooled vws (see username) including engine/tranny swaps. among other things, i have swapped heads on a v6 pontiac fiero with the engine in the car (not for faint of heart or the big-handed). i feel confident in working on most things, after i ask lots of qestions and gear up for it.
seems like two strokes are going to make me look bad. no luck on a saw yet. they always seem to fall to pieces in my hands.

anyway, the update:

i am off to another stihl dealer today in hopes of getting an in stock filter i can throw on and use the saw to be sure it got hot enough.
i got in after midnight. i ran the saw for what seemed like hours in a closed garage with a little extra oil in the mix -coughing-. bar oil is everywhere. the case got pretty warm and i'm not so worried now. i did the choke-saw-till-stall coming down from a rev. must have been pretty hot cuz after it stopped i heard a little sizzle coming from the carb throat. i pulled till it started again and shut down for the night.

if the filter the guy has is right i will kill some wood in the yard for awhile today, after draining and filling with proper mix and re-adjusting carb.

you guys rock! thanks for all the fast responses. again i cannot tell you how much the help is appreciated!!! the comedy ones too, if you can't laugh you'll cry.

volks-man, your saw will be fine, Good job getting on it right away. Now I would ask Gary but you may be the expert on this. Do you run 40:1 or 50:1 with your water and is spring water better that tap water? Just kidding. :)

swaps. among other things, i have swapped heads on a v6 pontiac fiero with the engine in the car (not for faint of heart or the big-handed). i feel confident in working on most things, after i ask lots of qestions and gear up for it.

What did yiou get for the Fiero Heads, anything good?

after i ask lots of qestions and gear up for it.
seems like two strokes are going to make me look bad. no luck on a saw yet. they always seem to fall to pieces in my hands.

Saws like more than two stokes, most men do. Your problem could be them smalll hands and big heart.... Ygotta treat it a bit different. Didn't this happen because you were being Hyper-vigiliant about clean?

What did yiou get for the Fiero Heads, anything good?

Saws like more than two stokes, most men do. Your problem could be them smalll hands and big heart.... Ygotta treat it a bit different. Didn't this happen because you were being Hyper-vigiliant about clean?

fiero question:
another set of heads, small valvers instead of the big valve fiero type.
valve guides in the oem were gone, 250,000 miles (long story).

clean question:
no. there was bar oil leaking. i thought it was the cap gasket but to be sure i decided to wash the thick brown crud off the case seam and surrounding areas. i rinsed a lot and caused collateral damage.

stroking men? no thanks! don't care to give or recieve.

Latest posts

Back