My wife...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloch24

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Made ya look, didn't I! :)

My wife thinks I have a problem...

3 new saws in less than a week. (Is that the definition of CAD????)
attachment.php

From Right to Left: MS440, MS460, and my favorite, MS660 (Hardly a scratch on it!)

Yep, just about.

Nice saws. Did you buy the ms660 new and the 440/460 used??

I actually traded my 088 for the 660, it was used, but not much... The story I was told is it was returned shortly after being purchased because it was too small.. The original owner then bought a MS880 to replace it.

I STILL haven't bought a new saw.. but if I keep getting deals like this I never will! :) Although, I don't NEED 2 440's, a 460, and a 660... They're going to be HARD to sell though.. :)

Want is TOTALLY overcoming need! :)

i think i have CAD.....i own a dozen stihl and huskys...but i take it a bit further..........they all sit parallel to the wall...they all have names......and last week i went off on my bro because he used my 260 and i got it back with the bar nuts on upside down....yes, upside down.....does anyone else put them on one way and one way only.....i cant begin to tell you how dumb i felt afterwards for being pi@@ed off....but, i did replace the bar nuts.....

yeah o.k. i'm still upset by it............bobby

i think i have CAD.....i own a dozen stihl and huskys...but i take it a bit further..........they all sit parallel to the wall...they all have names......and last week i went off on my bro because he used my 260 and i got it back with the bar nuts on upside down....yes, upside down.....does anyone else put them on one way and one way only.....i cant begin to tell you how dumb i felt afterwards for being pi@@ed off....but, i did replace the bar nuts.....

Well, first off, I NEVER loan out my saws...

Second... I think you have issues.. :) I HAVE noticed that the bar nuts are stamped on one side and not the other, but until now (my 660) all of my saws have been well used and the bar nuts were put on every way... but honestly, I still don't think I'll pay THAT much attention...

Well i'll be the dumb one and ask, Why does it make any difference which side the bar nuts go on, I never look always in a hurry, never had any come loose though.

Last edited:
Well, first off, I NEVER loan out my saws...

Second... I think you have issues.. :) I HAVE noticed that the bar nuts are stamped on one side and not the other, but until now (my 660) all of my saws have been well used and the bar nuts were put on every way... but honestly, I still don't think I'll pay THAT much attention...
I too have seen the stampings but never paid no attention on which side i put them on.lol Now some of the other saws have nuts with shoulders and they will only go on one way but not stihl.

Well i'll be he dumb one and ask, Why does it make any difference which side the bar nuts go on, I never look always in a hurry, never had any come loose though.

It's a cosmetic thing... if you don't want the bar nuts to be scratched (from being tightened against the cover) you have to pay attention to which way you put them on.

I understand his problem, but I don't CARE if mine aren't showroom fresh as long as they hold the bar on.

It's a cosmetic thing... if you don't want the bar nuts to be scratched (from being tightened against the cover) you have to pay attention to which way you put them on.

I understand his problem, but I don't CARE if mine aren't showroom fresh as long as they hold the bar on.
LOL,The gold is wore off mine. They are taken off and throwed in the saw box to prevent loss. Scratching one is my last concern.

yep....i just like them with the cartouche out....it keeps the scratches in , what an eye sore when the ladies are checking them out...ladies prefer saws to flowers, right??:givebeer:

I dunno... next Valentines day, buy your wife a shiny new MS361, if she DOESN'T prefer it to flowers, at least you can use it to build a shelter when she kicks you out of the house.. ;)

yep....i just like them with the cartouche out....it keeps the scratches in , what an eye sore when the ladies are checking them out...ladies prefer saws to flowers, right??:givebeer:
You got a good woman there, Mine don't care about either except when they come up every spring and in winter when she backs her butt up against the stove, Then she appreciates my hard work not the saws.

The internal conflict and resultant obsessive imbalance is likely caused by a resonance interference arising from the inherent incompatibility and jealousy between Stihl and Husky..... the condition is known as "mis-saw-genation," and it cannot have a positive result until the superior lineage (Stihl) displaces the other lineage(s) and maintains sole ownership of your inner heart of CAD. You cannot safely practice polysawgamy without contracting missawgenation. Some of us take a long time to realize this fundamental truth of CAD.
Good luck, Brother Guff. May you find peace in your inner heart of CAD......:)

The internal conflict and resultant obsessive imbalance is likely caused by a resonance interference arising from the inherent incompatibility and jealousy between Stihl and Husky..... the condition is known as "mis-saw-genation," and it cannot have a positive result until the superior lineage (Stihl) displaces the other lineage(s) and maintains sole ownership of your inner heart of CAD. You cannot safely practice polysawgamy without contracting missawgenation. Some of us take a long time to realize this fundamental truth of CAD.
Uhh.........Yeah,What he said cause i have no idea what he said.lol.:dizzy:

I had some "massag"enation from a cute Irish blonde last summer on vacation. My wife was next to me getting one as well.

Oh yeah.... I don't care which way my bar nuts are on.

Latest posts

Back