Napoleon 1900K Deluxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone had experiance with these stoves Are the a good comparible stove to pacific energy!

I have a Napolean 1100PL and although kinda smallish it heats my 1400sq cape pretty well. Very good stoves in my opinion. Very efficient and good quality with a very reasonable price. In New Hampshire here I burn close to 4 cords a year burning from October and into May using it as my only source of heat. I use oil once in a while just to heat the basement but very little. I have nothing but good to say about those stoves.

this fall i bought a 1900 napoleon....i had been using something similar to a wood boss ...heated the house but went through wood like crazy...i now use half the wood ..have less creosote easier to get fired up in the morning and i get the ombiance of the fire through the door glass..hAha.i have been very pleased so far...

I too have a Napoleon 1100 insert. On my first season, so far nothing but good to say about it. Might have gotten the next size up if I had it to do again, but that's not the stove's fault. Seems like a good value.

Jack

Are there burn times accurate? there claiming a 7 hr burn time on low!
Is this an under or over estimate or pretty much right on!

Thanks

I load mine up (packed right up) at 11pm and at 7am I usually have a 2" bed of coals going still. I give it a stir and toss on a couple medium logs and off she goes again. I would say that is pretty accurate in my case with the 1100PL. Being set on low it does get colder in the house at night ,depending on the temps outside, but it only drops to around 65 if it is below zero during the night.
Otherwise I can keep it 75-80 in here all day long if i choose to

I load mine up (packed right up) at 11pm and at 7am I usually have a 2" bed of coals going still. I give it a stir and toss on a couple medium logs and off she goes again. I would say that is pretty accurate in my case with the 1100PL. Being set on low it does get colder in the house at night ,depending on the temps outside, but it only drops to around 65 if it is below zero during the night.
Otherwise I can keep it 75-80 in here all day long if i choose to

What type of wood do you burn.

Depends on where I'm at in the pile but typically maple, red/white oak, birch but never pines of any kind other than kindling. I try to use the bigger pieces for night burns.

loaded my 1900 at 815 last night nice oak stuff...set the draft on 3 it goes 0-5 ...got up at 545 this morning still had nice bed of coals through some small stuff on its now 610 and she is stoking away yes burn times seem to be real good ....i have a cape style house heats all three floors granted the 3rd floor is a bit cooler than the basement but...

I worked at the Napoleon plant just north of Barrie Ontario for a while and they may have been going through a rough patch at that time, but their quality controll was not that great. Stoves coming back with incomplete welds, parts missing etc. I'm glad everyone here is happy with their stoves but my experience has soured me on Napoleon products.

I love my 1900! This is our second year and I have nothing but accolades for this stove! We heat 2,000 square feet on the main floor and a full basement and now burn less that 3 cords per year! The comfort, warmth and predictability is beyond describable! We burn less than half the wood than the ol' Fisher Papa Stove. It is easy to clean with the ash pan, dump the ash and published burn times are conservative. I load mine with three 6"X6"X22" hardwood splits at 9PM and at 6AM there's some log left and an awesome bed of coals.

I have gone since November with only relighting the stove once. Thats is awesome, especially when compare to the Fisher, which was a daily relighting ritual. Not fun!

I would buy the 1900 again in a heartbeat! Enjoy!!!!

Thanx for posting!I plan on buying somthing soon and theres lots of brands and hype on each I like to base a desicion on fact not hype!Other than axe mans coment have heard no other bad words on them, I will check the welding on the stove If I purchase one thanx for pointing that out!Performance wise they sound fine Length of life may be a worry thou Ive seen no one thats owned one for more than 5 years!Everyone that posted reveiws here http://**********/ratings/search.php has good words!
People with cast stoves seem to be having the most problems!
Going to be staying clear of those!

Back