Nebraskas worst looking firewood business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uzi

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If I'm not winning that award I'd hate to see who is. Spent most of the morning hauling dump trailer loads out to higher ground at my in-laws. Put everything that I could up on the concrete maybe 25 cords probably have another 15-20 cords in logs I couldn't pick up with out sinking my loader. At least they aren't floating away like my cut to length rounds are.:omg::omg::mad:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

All I can say is, I wish you the best. Sorry for the misfortune.

kiss a rock!!! that's definitely a bummer!!! if tis back up water,,with near zero flow,,try and get some plastic snow fence,,and try and corral that stuff in...will hold it there,,till water goes down.....

...that's rough Uzi. Hope things dry up quick for you folks.

Boy does that suck! At least you have some mechanization to help move to higher ground.

Anyway, now you know in the future where to put stacks and piles.

Man that does fireants in the pants stink!!! I have the same problem after local heavy rain, lost a bunch of 30" oak rounds few years back, now they get fenced in!!

Hope someone in New Orleans appreciates that wood!!! You just don't ever think something that heavy will float, but it does!!!

Hope yer house and property are OK, cleaning up after that is a pain in neck!!!

Got it all wrong Not "Nebraskas worst looking firewood business" it should read -- Nebraskas cleanest firewood, its been washed and now it just needs dried? J/K man does that blow. it will dry out fairly quickly I think

There's not enough people over there for main-stream media to even care to mention bad weather and flooding.

I'm hoping the water goes down asap for you Uzi. (The wood will dry out, as long as it doesn't float away.)

Wow. And I thought the 100 cord i had log length on a plowed field this spring was a mess! The snow melted in the spring and the field got muddy!

Hey sorry to hear about the water. We got swamped up hear about this time last year, small levy broke 30 so miles upstream, plus 6-8" rains that all drained to us. Hope house is up on high ground .It will dry out alright, just give it some air and wind will do the rest. Not sure about Nebraska, but it is ALWAYS windy in our NW corner in Iowa.

Good Luck!!

As counterintuitive as it sounds, sometimes the fastest way to dry firewood is let it get soaking wet in water first. Silver linings and all that jaz.

Oh well it will pass, that woods gonna be fine the extra work part stinks for you though. U near the big blue or Platte ? How far from Nelson looks like where I lived in the seventies!

Yeah this is the platte river I live directly between the north and south channels. It's been full for quite a while and what I'm dealing with is ground water coming up because everything is so saturated. It flowed through my yard worse than this in 2013 when Estes park got hit so hard. So far nothing has been completely lost it will all still be useable wood just a matter of recollecting the scattered stuff and getting it all dried out again. Just extra work and extra time probably won't be the most profitable season but that's how it goes.

Latest posts

Back