• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Need 044 Tank Housing!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19Chevy50

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Alright so from looking, seems like these are like hens teeth. I saw one on EBay but only need the tank housing and it’s a whole lot of parts that I don’t need or have any use for. I know I can replace it with an aftermarket but I hate the flip type caps and I would rather keep the screw on style. The part number I’m looking for is 1128 350 0844 if anyone has one that is in good shape?! Heeeeeeeeeelp 😂😭

Attachments

• IMG_3620.jpeg
    IMG_3620.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3621.jpeg
    IMG_3621.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3615.jpeg
    IMG_3615.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3616.jpeg
    IMG_3616.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Alright so from looking, seems like these are like hens teeth. I saw one on EBay but only need the tank housing and it’s a whole lot of parts that I don’t need or have any use for. I know I can replace it with an aftermarket but I hate the flip type caps and I would rather keep the screw on style. The part number I’m looking for is 1128 350 0844 if anyone has one that is in good shape?! Heeeeeeeeeelp 😂😭
Once you replace it I'm interested in what's left of yours.
Just PM me.

Let me know if you decided to get one on ebay or not. I might be able to get one for you from a local who has piles of parts saws. Probably cheaper than ebay anyways and I can verify its a good part before we make a deal on it.

Let me know if you decided to get one on ebay or not. I might be able to get one for you from a local who has piles of parts saws. Probably cheaper than ebay anyways and I can verify its a good part before we make a deal on it.
Ya dude please do! Seems like the few that I find are beat to ****…

Sorry man, just asked and he's fresh out of good fuel tanks
No worries man. Seems that’s the case with everyone. When I got this saw given to me, I didn’t expect it to be such a pain to find the handle… and that’s going through 044 and 046’s.

What Is Your Price Point ,I Might Know A Guy That Has One ,I Can Check With Him If You Like
I’ve seen anywhere from dirt cheap to people on eBay wanting almost $200 for one with a stupid flip style cap so uhhhh I don’t know haha. I’d like to stay around $50 for a nice one without cracks and such if possible. But yes please do!

It Definitely Won’t Be 200.00 ,He Says He Has A Couple And Is Gonna Get Back To Me Tomorrow ,The Tank Will Be In Good Condition I Know That For Sure ,He Pressure Tests Them Also ,I’ll Let You Know Tomorrow
As long as everything is in good shape and the handle isn’t beat the hell, I’m game! Thanks dude!

As much as I hate a frankensaw, best bet is to put a new 440 tank on it. The last 044 was from 2001-ish and most left are beat to hell. Unless stored in a cool dry place, plastic breaks down.

I have a 044 tank from my last project, not as bad as yours but needs repair. Will be listing it soon.

@maulhead

Latest posts

Back