Need a 026 Cylinder Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbone1911

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My neighbor has seized his 026. We are in the process of locating a kit for it. New or slightly used. Any suggestions for sources would be much appreciated.

Thanx for lookin'
Bill

Jeff is definitely the way to go for this kit. I`ve used one from him and it seems to be every bit as good as OEM at a fraction of the price. It`s also my belief that you can`t find a better guy anywhere to do business with. Jeff has gone from business contact to friend in my book.

BTW, do you know why the saw seized tbone? Impulse hoses and fuel lines are primary suspects on this model. Now while the jug is off is an excellent time to replace them anyway. Oh yeah, you`re also going to need a long T-27 bit for the cylinder bolts, I`ll post a link for a good source since this item is somewhat hard to find and is around $30 from your friendly Stihl dealer.

Torx bits from Wiha Tools

Russ

I havn't checked any of the usual suspects yet. I have also been told a carb. rebuild is a good idea at this time. As well as checking the carb. boot.

Carb rebuilds are almost always a good idea, what`s a few more bucks and a little time when you are repairing to this extent.

Of course checking the carb boot is a good idea but it is not likely to be the problem. A word to the wise, carefully examine the position or relationship of the boot and clamp to the cylinder and make note of this position for ease of re-assembly. You will also need to remove the round metal piece which will be exposed when you remove the carb so that the boot will collapse and pull through the frame of the saw and you remove the cylinder and boot as an assembly. When it is time to re-assemble, tie a piece of string around the end of the boot to help pull it back through the frame. It`s easier than it probably sounds. Also make note of the torque on the cylinder bolts before you remove them. It`s not awfully high and you should be able to easily remove the bolts with a decent screwdriver type tool. I think the torque spec is 7"lbs just to give you an idea. If you can`t find the spec and want it let me know, I`ll get it, in fact I`ll get the part numbers while I am it.

Russ

Hi Bill, here are the #s for various parts that you may want for the 026.

1118 029 2306 Cylinder gasket .5mm

1121 029 2305 " " 1mm Low Compression

1118 149 0600 Exhaust gasket

1121 358 7700 Fuel hose

1113 141 8600 Impulse hose

1121 141 2200 Intake boot

Didn`t include the carb kit and fuel filter because you don`t need the Stihl parts at the Stihl prices on these items.

Russ

Back