Need a felling Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll drag it out some more: WHO'S READY FOR DEER SEASON!!!!?
JK, but I am.

To the neigh sayers: Echos are a good saw for the price of them. I do not think that they are built as well as a Stihl or Dolmar, but their home owner warranty is much better and the price is lower. I would buy any of the above mentioned brands and be happy with any of them.

Hey zombie chopper :)

l_e98d34fcd8446fbdcefa0f5019b81260.jpg

Nice pic of you and your wife clay.:hmm3grin2orange: He.... I mean she is a real head turner.

Last edited:
On the status symbol comment...that's BS. For those of us who aren't loggers or firewood dealers, we just cut for our own heat and clean up after the storms and what not, a lot of us go with what works and what we know. I have an 031AV in my garage that's been handed down now to the third generation. Stihl stopped making that saw the year I was born and it still cuts wood. That saw with a 16" bar cut 7-8 cords of wood/year in Minnesota to heat the house. It's what my dad had and it got the job done. Were there better or more powerful tools that would have done it faster? Probably, but if you can get the job done without spending the extra money when the purpose of burning wood is to save on the electric, oil, or propane bill, why spend more?

I've looked for used Husky's, never seen a Dolmar dealer around and the shops selling Echo are hardware stores, not saw/small engine equipment dealers.

I happen to get deals on the used Stihls I own and I work with one shop for one brand of saw for convenience.

There might be better models from other brands in the class of saws I have, but what I have gets the job done.

I think a lot of people get all pissed off because of generalized sweeping comments.

Will other brands get the job done? Sure, or they wouldn't be in business because no one would buy their products, like GM, except when they get a government bailout (that's another story). However, hard to argue that Husky and Stihl still get the best money when it comes to resale and are among the best for parts availability.

When it comes down to it, who freaking cares? It's not your money the other guy is spending. Make your suggestion and let that be the end of it. I see this all the time between Glock and XD owners, both getting butthurt when someone doesn't choose their brand. Grab sack and don't let someone piss on your ego because they bought a brand you didn't recommend.

I'm getting off my soap box now.

[/rant]

Thats a freakin awesome post! :agree2:

And to ClayKann01, who is also a hater of anyone who rides a 4-wheeler, Which one are you in the pic? Left or right?

Don't give him too much crap about pickin up that ugly betty in his photo, he was wasted that night.

:)

Lol. Don't let clay kann lie to y'all. He pumps schitter tanks in marble falls Texas and mows his grandma's yard on weekends. He does this same thing on other sites he's on...

FAIL.

Lol. Don't let clay kann lie to y'all. He pumps schitter tanks in marble falls Texas and mows his grandma's yard on weekends. He does this same thing on other sites he's on...

FAIL.

This is coming from a huge #####. This guy runs his mouth on all the diesel sites but then backs out in person. The guy is a troll and likes to follow me for some sort of reason. If you want comparison the guy on the left is about as big as this guys wife, its pretty hard on the eyes.

Hopefully ill see your punk ass at Crandal Oct. 9th. We will see how much sh!t you talk face to face.

correction Crandell is spelled with 2 L's and it is a town that has a diesel event
from your replies it appears that you should stick with your portable poopers
a real saw might hurt you

Latest posts

Back