Need a used Piston and Jug for a Husky 50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimR

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these kicking around from a dropped or destroyed saw? Yup, you guessed it. Forgot to mix the oil in with the gas. There's a first time for everything. First time since the late 60's when I was a kid. TIA, JimR

Jim-
My commment below depends on how old of a model 50 you have.

To broaden your search, you can also use the cyl/piston from a Partner 5000 and in the process upgrade to closed loop porting. It is a direct bolt on replacement on the older model 50s.

formersawrep said:
Jim-

To broaden your search, you can also use the cyl/piston from a Partner 5000 and in the process upgrade to closed loop porting. It is a direct bolt on replacement on the older model 50s.

Thanks, I think I bought this saw back in the early 90's. I'll try to find a date on it.

formersawrep said:
Jim-

Do you know what years this works on? I have an older Model 50 Rancher (white top) and a Partner 5000 cylinder will not bolt in without either opening the hole in the crankcase slightly or turning down the diameter of the cylinder base. Does the later Husky 50 have a larger diameter cylinder base?

JimR, PM me re: a good used jug and piston for sale. I think I can help.

Serial Number

My Model 50 is all orange with a grey top cover. The serial number is 9420022 if anyone can tell when it was made.

Last edited:
Husqvarna 50R rotated parts with Partner500/500. Not all will interact.

The 50R, 50 Special, 51 and 55 is the same famely so my bet would be 51.
However I have no idea if it was even sold in US?!

Back