Need advice on Husqvarna 2100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskan

Reaction score
I have a 2100 CD which I bought new in 1976. I'm pretty sure that was the year. I probably bought it from Bailey's. So it must be a "1976-07" but I can't find any metal tags or other markings on it. I originally bought it to use with a simple Granberg mill to make the steps and table for my large cabin in Fairbanks. I've used my Homelite XL 12 for most other chainsawing (I heated with wood), so the 2100 has only about 20 hours on it. I used it last about a year ago and it ran fine. I have a bunch of large logs here in Juneau that I want to slab, so I am getting a Granberg MK-III Alaskan Chainsaw Mill with 36" Rails. Bailey's recommends that I get a 42” bar ( 3/8th” pitch by .063” gauge) and ripping chain to use with the MK-III. The Bailey's numbers are ORF 423RNDD009 and WPL 33RP135. But they are clueless about where I can find the correct rim sprocket for this setup on the 2100. Two questions: What sprocket will work on this saw with the bar & chain I'll be getting, and where can I buy it? Also, the saw is missing the bottom two screws that hold the handle on, and the metal plate that goes between the handle and the saw. Can anyone recommend a source for those parts? Thanks!

If you already have an Oregon Powermate sprocket with a rim that is 3/8ths you are good to go. If you have a .404 rim all you need is a 3/8ths rim. If you have a spur sprocket that isn't the correct pitch you need an Oregon 22132X Powermate sprocket and 3/8th's rim. As far as the screws, check the metric section of your local hardware store, and the plate check ebay, or post a wanted ad here.

Latest posts

Back