Need another favor please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some rounds out back you can try that out on. It needs some break-in run time you understand. I'll spring for the fuel.

mac if you were closer, i do it for free and i would pay for the fuel:msp_biggrin:

278183d1360382617-photo-1-jpg

nice new saw. that pic makes the saw look huge tho... or are you just kinda a short feller? whatcha watchin on the ol boob tube? looks like a young Mariska Hargitay. early episode of Law and Order SVU?

lol...yep i only 5' 9" tall.it is almost as tall as me with 36" bar well almost shoulder high anyway...thanks for your comments:msp_biggrin:

Now put a 24 incher on there and you'll really like it. Handles much better and a lot faster. But since you got the 28 it will do.

Now put a 24 incher on there and you'll really like it. Handles much better and a lot faster. But since you got the 28 it will do.

i bet,i as tore between getting the 25 or 28,but decided on 28" and 36",maybe later try the 24.or 25"...thanks:msp_biggrin:

I've got some rounds out back you can try that out on. It needs some break-in run time you understand. I'll spring for the fuel.

mac if you were closer, i do it for free and i would pay for the fuel:msp_biggrin:

I'll call ya when we get ready to take down some of those big hedge trees. :msp_biggrin:

lol...yep i only 5' 9" tall.it is almost as tall as me with 36" bar well almost shoulder high anyway...thanks for your comments:msp_biggrin:

aww heck. 5'9" aint short. thats all i stand myself. must just be the pic. a 36" bar will make em look like that too.

I was 5'9" once. Standing on a cement block if I remember correctly. ;o)

Not trying to spoil anyone's saw purchase and the MS660 is in a class by itself, but wouldn't this thread be a better fit for the Chainsaw forum? There is no mention of bucking, stacking, Fiskars, noodling, splitter cycle times, furnace, stove, insert, OWB, etc. and yet here it is.

Perhaps this is directed more to the Mods than the OP. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
Not trying to spoil anyone's saw purchase and the MS660 is in a class by itself, but wouldn't this thread be a better fit for the Chainsaw forum? There is no mention of bucking, stacking, Fiskars, noodling, furnace, stove, insert, OWB and yet here it is.

Perhaps this is directed more to the Mods than the OP. Just my $0.02.

It surely could be moved, and if someone really wanted it gone, I'd do it. Truth is, a lot of the guys that hang out here don't spend a lot of time over in Chainsaw, and would rather ask the people here, since they're familiar with them. If it was a technical problem that would get better responses over there, I'd move it pretty quickly so to get them up and running again.

Another "what saw" thread over there would have 15 people screaming "372XP" or "7900", even though he asked about neither one. Even firewood hacks can give good chainsaw advice from time to time.

Now - demc570 - WE NEED PICS OF THIS THING MAKING FIREWOOD! If they don't show up here soon, God help me, I'll merge this sucker in with the Off Topic Forum, and no one wants that. :D:D:D:D

So how is it members that join the firewood forum come down with a case of cad, when chainsaw talk is not aloud. And how does one cut down a tree, buck it, noodle it, so it can be split? Is there a Jedi mind stare I need to learn?

So how is it members that join the firewood forum come down with a case of cad, when chainsaw talk is not aloud. And how does one cut down a tree, buck it, noodle it, so it can be split? Is there a Jedi mind stare I need to learn?

They bribe the mods ... :laugh:

I have it on personal experience that moderators have a lot of unreported income.

/going to hide behind a large rock/

Bunned!

Reason - misspelling of "allowed"

Date this bun will expire - probably in a few days. Bread just doesn't have a long shelf life, despite what the military called "bread" proving otherwise.

:hmm3grin2orange:

It surely could be moved, and if someone really wanted it gone, I'd do it. Truth is, a lot of the guys that hang out here don't spend a lot of time over in Chainsaw, and would rather ask the people here, since they're familiar with them. If it was a technical problem that would get better responses over there, I'd move it pretty quickly so to get them up and running again.

Another "what saw" thread over there would have 15 people screaming "372XP" or "7900", even though he asked about neither one. Even firewood hacks can give good chainsaw advice from time to time.

Now - demc570 - WE NEED PICS OF THIS THING MAKING FIREWOOD! If they don't show up here soon, God help me, I'll merge this sucker in with the Off Topic Forum, and no one wants that. :D:D:D:D

lol. sorry its raining here......going to put the 28" bar on it,and try it out maybe tomorrow if the weather breaks.....i also ordered a another chain in full skip to try it also,i never ran skip chain,but if it cuts good,it would be alot less hand filing,but not sure since most wood i cut is hard wood around here.....now i got to find some new wood to cut for next year,which i am behind as of now:bang:

I think we sometimes get just a little too anal about what goes in what forum. One word, or lack thereof, does not require a forum move.

Ok, I didn't cut firewood today because it's raining. Does that qualify keeping it in the firewood forum?

:buttkick:
Bunned!

Reason - misspelling of "allowed"

Date this bun will expire - probably in a few days. Bread just doesn't have a long shelf life, despite what the military called "bread" proving otherwise.

:hmm3grin2orange:

You stink!! 1st post using google chrome for the spell check feature, and you get me with this brain fart. Then point it out to the millions of people on this site. I am so embarrassed. If I was a mod, someone may have to be suspended for being politically insensitive.
I am a delicate flower after all.

Last edited:

Use a lightsaber!

Back